Cell-Nerds Triple Defender CaseTips

Last Updated:

1. Austrie

Austrie Well-Known Member

Advertisement
  2. OverByter

OverByter Resident Slide Rule Guru

It's a nice case for the money, I looked at it but got the Seidio Active Combo instead. They're similar in bulk and protection but the Seidio was guaranteed to fit my dock plus having a belt clip. Unless you keep it in your pocket I would definitely advise against white, gets scuffed up pretty quickly. Good luck dude. :D
    OB
  3. SuperAfnan

SuperAfnan Well-Known Member Contributor

It would definitely protect your phone but I thought it was too huge and got a smaller but protective two piece hybrid case instead. Just don't get white it shows up dirt marks and scratches.
  4. Austrie

Damn, on my phone, I'm using a black and white theme; everything is black and white. I wanted to match it...
  5. SuperAfnan

SuperAfnan Well-Known Member Contributor

If you really want white, go for it! I just don't like getting white cases because damage shows up on it. For example, if you drop it in dirt, it might stain unless you clean it. If you have a darker case it won't show as much dirt or damage. ;)
  6. Austrie

Thanks to advice bro. Any thoughts on the speaker since the case covers it? Do you think I will hear a significant drop of volume from the case?
  7. OverByter

There's a small cutout for the speaker, you shouldn't hear much difference.:D
    OB
  8. Austrie

I didn't see a cut out in the pics like most cases, that was one of the first things I noticed. And I think I remember a rating on the case that said the speaker was covered; might be wrong though. If it has cut out like most cases, then that's a plus.
  9. ricros

ricros New Member

I have the yellow/black. I do have trouble hearing the ringtones but using tunein right now and the sound is good. The case is alright it is a black silicone cover with beefed up corners and a hard plastic back cover to go over the black. It has a good look. The cut out on the back is over the cameras but for the speaker there is a little opening that looks like a thumb tab. The camera buttons are harder to get to and the USB port is harder to use. The power and volume buttons are covered but the case has overlay buttons for them and a still functional. I have not had a problem with is. I dropped the phone with case already at work on concrete floor and it survived.
  10. halrulez

halrulez Well-Known Member

I have this same case on my wife's 3d but it's black on black. It does make it bulky but that helps you keep a good grip on it. I picked this one because it looked to be the most sturdy one for the Buck. And i an very glad i did. She drops every phone she has ever had hundreds of times no matter what. This case I'd holding up great and would recommend it.
  11. Austrie

Thanks guys.
  12. Palmetto Fellow

Palmetto Fellow Well-Known Member

I have the Seidio cases and with the amount of dirt and lint I pick up, I'd probably rather have white. Or a less tacky silicone material.

Unfortunately, I am running the extended Seidio Battery (Platinum version) so my case options are limited.

I suppose I could have went with one of the standard extended batteries that come with a flast battery cover, then gone with a plain case. I may still do this one day...
  13. anonymous420

anonymous420 Well-Known Member

i don't have amazon only have ebay and i seen the case you posted and wanted to get one myself but after contacting the seller and asking if this case will fit the HTC EVO V 4G for VM they said no . What do you guys think ? it looks about the exact same case you posted except that is black/grey

Gray Triple Defender Layer Hybrid Hard Case w LCD HTC EVO 3D Sprint Accessories | eBay
  14. OverByter

That should be fine going by the description, our phone is identical to the 3d's hardware, only our software is different. :p
    OB
    anonymous420 likes this.
  15. anonymous420

k thanks well i ask the seller and they said no :p i guess they don't want to make money

[​IMG]
  16. Austrie

That gray one is looks real sexy, maybe I should've bought that one instead.
  17. richking34

richking34 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Thats my case and its ballistic but looks awfully like the one you posted Austrie
  18. Austrie

Can't see the image
  19. Palmetto Fellow

Palmetto Fellow Well-Known Member

I've been meaning to put that picture on my capital one credit card.
  20. Austrie

Start using photo bucket, much better. I can't view tinypics on my phone, plus the site is full of ads
  21. anonymous420

yeah photobucket is good but have you tried IMGUR ?? i think is way better
  22. meta6

meta6 Member

I just found the same case on ebay by searching Evo3d /G17 in the cell phone accessories section.

G17 is the HK clone version of this HTC phone.
  23. lEquin0xl

lEquin0xl Well-Known Member

The only problem I have with Photobucket is that it reduces my images quality a fair amount. Everything about the app is nice and simple but the quality reduction is what makes me not use it.
  24. Cataulin

Cataulin Well-Known Member

ordered the orange one last week. I'll post pics when I get it.