1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Cell Phone spending is up

1. saptech

saptech Well-Known Member

Are we addicted...

Cell phone spending up in tough economy | ksdk.com

Advertisement
    :
  2. Kamau

Kamau Well-Known Member

No surprise here.
    Society has let a tool become a lifestyle. And now, since everything that was accessible through a pc is now available through a smartphone, we now feel the absolutely necessity to own a cell phone.
    People can't seem to go 5 minutes now without talking/texting someone.
  3. gibbs1984

gibbs1984 Well-Known Member

Yeah and since so much is now available on a smartphone I find that the art of conversation has died.

Just thinking back roughly 5 years ago and people would occasionally text people whilst in the pub but now I find myself with a group of mates all looking at their phones, Facebooking, Tweeting, texting, emailing etc...

All on a Friday night, sometimes I want to rip the phone out of their hands.

I don't cause I'm just as guilty as them ;) :D
  4. Kamau

Kamau Well-Known Member

I talk on mine around 200 minutes a month maximum. I send around the same text messages too. Anyone who knows me that the best way to talk to me is face to face. I mainly use my phone to listen to music, keep my pictures handy, and to keep up with the news. I don't take it in the bathroom, text/talk & drive, or have it permanently attached to my ear. I shut it off at bedtime too.
  5. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

I use mine less as a phone and more of a ultra-portable PC that happens to have a phone number. :D

I probably use maybe a couple hundred text messages and maybe 100 minutes. But damn, I probably easily go through a few GB's every month (thank god for unlimited).
  6. saptech

saptech Well-Known Member

Some months I may not use 100 minutes of talk time, but I don't text that much either. That's why I don't have a text plan (.20 per msg) and use GV & Talkatone for texting.

I guess you can say I use mine as more of an ultra portable computer and use around 2-3gb of data per month, I have the 4gb data plan.

The wife & I are thinking about switching to the shared family plan, since we are on separate plans now. She talk more than anything and could use unlimited talk & text.
  7. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Mine is 3 parts: Email, TT (for here), tethering. Use the whole "phone" function every so often too. Wish Verizon would lower the min. minute allowance for Family Plans. Wife and I share 400 but barely touch any of that.