Cell radio off while 3g on, is this possible?General

Last Updated:

1. Joe Eris

Joe Eris Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've read all the threads I could find in here about turning off the cell radio but none have addressed this particular configuration. The reason I want to do this is because I don't use my Incredible for talking, I just use it as a computer. For talking I use a cheap little "dumb phone" so to conserve battery while i'm out n about all day, i would love to be able to have the cell radio off while 3g is on. If anyone knows of any way/app to achieve this, Please Hook Me Up :eek:

Advertisement
  2. airjordan223

airjordan223 Well-Known Member

I think if you download Dazzle, which is a power control widget, there is an option on there to turn off cellular radio. Try that out leaving 3g to see if it works.

Joe Eris likes this.
  3. Joe Eris

Cool I will try that now, thanks

4. Joe Eris

Nah, it didn't work

5. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

you can't do it, if the radio is on your going to get voice/txt. Honestly you sound like a perfect candidate for something like a Galaxy tab...which does do EXACTLY what your asking. Just a thought

Joe Eris and Crashumbc like this.
  6. FramCire

FramCire Well-Known Member

2 thoughts to get around this:

1. Using Tasker ($6 paid app) set up a profile for when the phone rings. call block, call divert end call....... all options.

2. Call forwarding. I dont know if you can, but why not use call forwarding. If you dont want toanswer calls, then forward it to Google Voice number and then you can use google voice voicemail.

Either way make sure the ringer is on mute. They arent ideal ideas, but they might be able to help.

Joe Eris likes this.
  7. Joe Eris

I actually considered that. The only thing that stopped me was, I couldn't imagine how I would carry it around. It's too big for a pocket and I'm not about to start carrying around a man purse

8. aw1974

aw1974 Well-Known Member

Are you paying full price for your service? You could go to their text and data only "deaf" plan to save some money.

Joe Eris likes this.
  9. Joe Eris

That sounds like an excellent idea thanks bro I will definitely look into that