Cell signal strength meter app?

Last Updated:

1. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Well-Known Member

anyone seen an app that simply reports yours signal strength? the built in one (settings > about phone > status) seems to report, but in a way that makes some sense. for example, anyone know what -90 dBm 0 asu really means?

I have a cool app called GPS test that shows the GPS strength - bar chart and number and color - of GPS signals.

I would love something like that. anyone seen one.

I have another app called No Signal Alert that tells you when you have lost your signal. I emailed them to incorporate a signal strength meter, as it seems a logical app to have it.

Advertisement
  2. JamesR

JamesR Member

Not sure if this is what you're after... it's an app I've just released. You've got a sinal bars graphic, signal %, I've also got a button you click on for more info and it shows you both dBm and asu values. Plus there's a graph, and various other bits.

Hope you like it!

[​IMG]
  3. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Well-Known Member

ill give it a whirl and see.. looks cool

you need a better key, scale or legend about what "received strength" number means. mine is 32 and I have no idea what that means

plus the RSSI scale and key you have does not really tell what they mean or make any sense.. mine is -49 and your scale doesn't tell me anything I can even understand
  4. JamesR

JamesR Member

Good tip...
    we should put in a little page of explanation or something, and maybe allow the axis labels to change (bars, %).

Thanks!