cell stand by time constantly high

Last Updated:

1. toomuchgame441

toomuchgame441 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

It's always above 35%, I have used the thread with the fresh 2.0d battery (the xda link). But that didn't work because I never really had the tws setting. Anyone else experiencing this and are there any fixes?

Advertisement
  2. toomuchgame441

Sorry if I wasn't clear but this is causing my battery to drain quicker than usual

3. pbp776

pbp776 Well-Known Member

I thought the cell standby would be below 50%. However, once you click on Cell standby you will see time without signal 0% or you don't see it. Than you should be good. Unless I'm wrong here.

4. toomuchgame441

That actually makes some sense, I haven't been using much apps, I kept rebooting and performing the CDMA PRL instruction on the xda site, right now its been unplugged for 8m and 26s, Cell standby is 41%, Display is 43%, Phone idle is 16%

Thats all thats there and I do not see without signal 0%, My phone has been off the charger since 10:50am, and was at 53% towards 4:20pm today, I haven't been using it too much besides some moderate browsing, Plus I began to see a 1% drop at least within 5 mins after carefully looking at it around 50-60%

5. pbp776

pbp776 Well-Known Member

Click on Cell standby and u will see time without signal.

6. toomuchgame441

What does this mean exactly? does this mean I'm good if I see a time without a signal?

7. pbp776

pbp776 Well-Known Member

Yes if you see time without signal 0 percent, than you so be good. However, if it above 10 % then you might need to fix via the steps provide at xda.

8. toomuchgame441

well I don't see a TWS at all, so again I'm not sure what to do, Ii'm looking at my battery widget and I have gone down 8% within 10 mins are so, I'm pretty sure it shouldnt be like that

9. bbv203

bbv203 Well-Known Member

Any chance you are using the andida 2000mah battery?

10. pbp776

pbp776 Well-Known Member

I don't see TWS also and my battery is good. Last time I saw it was after I rebooted my phone few days ago. Since then after each charge I don't see it.
    Do you have spare parts installed? If yes, check out battery history and select partial wake usage on top drop down. See what keep your phone
    awake. What your Awake time? is same as your up time?

11. toomuchgame441

My awake time isn't the same as my up time thankfully. I think I maybe a little paranoid after all. I unplugged my phone since 7:15 this morning and its 12:10 right now with 86% battery left. Haven't used a lot pulled up a few internet pages and Twitter with 2 emails. I think I can live with those results lol.

12. DanielWalker

DanielWalker Well-Known Member

Cell Stand By if I'm not mistaken is that amount of time in which you're phone is sitting there waiting to be used. It isn't draining your battery any quicker it's just the percent of time you're phone has been waiting for you to either make or receive a call. Just the way it was explained to me so I'm passing it along to you.

13. Danokan

Danokan Well-Known Member

To make sure you are getting the right information on this:

If you are using Fresh 2.0d

Menu
    Settings
    About Phone (at the very bottom)
    Battery
    Battery Use
    Cell Standby

14. toomuchgame441

Yes that's how I found my cell stand by time earlier, tbd a bunch everyone. Now using fresh 2.0d, how can I get the keyboard to be more responsive? Or are there any faster keyboards out that I can flash on my hero?