Cell standby at 34%, TWS is at 2% only, WTFSupport

Last Updated:

1. hamzax7x

hamzax7x Member This Topic's Starter

My battery life is draining fast, time without Signal is low. It came set as CDMA auto. What gives? Anybody have any insight? I fully charged the phone at night, it was on standby for the night, 10 mins into using it i the morning and the battery is at 70%!!

Advertisement
  2. phat78boy

phat78boy Member

Check all your apps. It is more then likely one that does some type of call monitoring or filtering. Had a friend have the same issue recently. It was his call filter program that was the problem.

3. hamzax7x

Call filter? I hardly have apps it, gangster snesoid pandora and PhotoShop, no call filtering apps

4. ImmaSlave4U

ImmaSlave4U Well-Known Member

My cell standby was at 42% this morn! I removed the FriendStreamwidget....hope that helps!

5. phat78boy

phat78boy Member

Have you tried a hard reset? Also, try setting your phone so it is on Sprint Only and no data roaming. If you are in an area with a low sprint signal the phone could be trying to constantly search for a better connection which might be whats draining your battery.

6. hamzax7x

Tried hard reset. Thanks for suggestions, their working. One question though, my Android system is at 42% battery usage. Is that normal?

7. ekt8750

ekt8750 Well-Known Member

Any ad supported apps or widgets on your phone? They can kill your battery constantly grabbing data.

8. sikclown

sikclown Well-Known Member

It depends... What is your time since unplugged? You say you charged your phone at night and it was on standby all night... Do you mean you unplugged it fully charged and then went to bed and when you woke up it was at 70%? What is your Up time and Awake Time?

9. k1DBLITZ

k1DBLITZ Member

Are you using a custom ringtone by any chance?

10. hamzax7x

No ad supported widgets, using a custom ringtone. I charged it at night full. Then I put it on sleep not plugged in. I grabbed it in the morning and within 15 minutes it dropped to 70% and kept falling after that

11. phat78boy

phat78boy Member

To be honest with you, the only way to figure out what is causing the issue is to start from scratch and add one item at a time. Hard reset and run default for half a day, if all is well add an app or make a change. Then run that for a good 3-4 hours before your next change and so on. I guarantee you'll see exactly what is causing your issue with this method.

12. SeauxCrazy

SeauxCrazy Well-Known Member

My Cell Standby is 29% ... Been unplugged for 9 hrs and has 72% battery left ...

Might want to see if something ELSE is draining your battery.

13. Premonition

Premonition Well-Known Member

You can stop auto updates with those, thats what i do and my battery goes through the day pretty good only strange thing was when i left work it was around 6hrs and some min since last charged, and around 11:30 i did a shut down and put it back on and i took about a 3hr nap and for some reason it says 5hrs since unplugged, maybe the shut down caused a reset.

14. Bek

Bek Well-Known Member

No, the more accurate way is to install SystemPanel Lite, enable historic monitoring, and watch what stays active when your phone is off. THAT will tell you what process is sucking down CPU and battery.

15. hamzax7x

Ok ill try systempanel lite, thanks alot guys

16. k1DBLITZ

k1DBLITZ Member

I had a really weird problem when using a custom ringtone.

I created a "ringtones" dir on the SD card and set my default ringer to an .mp3 file in that dir.

The very next day, even after charging all night, my battery was draining extremely fast.

Long story short, I deleted the ringtones folder, went back to using a default ringer that came with the device and everything was back to normal.

My theory is that since I was using a ringtone on the SD card, the phone kept the SD card powered which didn't allow it to sleep.

This seemed to be evidenced by the fact that after assigning the custom ringtone, Android System was #2 in my battery list. (cell standby was #1)

Before assigning the custom ringtone, and after removing the custom ringtone, Phone Idle once again became #2 in battery usage.

17. hamzax7x

same problem guys, no ringers no b.s. apps, no nothing, did cdma trick, google talk is off. My phone was on facebook in the browser for a minute and battery went down 3% easily, it can only last about 6 hours HARDLY

18. k1DBLITZ

k1DBLITZ Member

How is your signal strength where you are located?

19. reallynotnick

reallynotnick Well-Known Member

I just downloaded this and maybe I am missing something but it looks like I need to pay for the app to get monitoring.