Cell Standby Eating PowerSupport

Last Updated:

1. Xaven

Xaven Member This Topic's Starter

OK guys ive done alot searching and didnt find to much specific information on this problem for the droid x so here it goes.

I went to bed last night at 90% and woke up with 30% battery left. This is the second time this has happened. I went to the battery manager and it was cell standby that ate most of the power. 49% to be exact. I have good 3GS service at my house. I dont have a live wall paper or alot of widgets that should drain the phone over night. I am not running a task killer.

Has any body had this problem on your X and if so whats the fix?

Thanks guys

PS. This forum is amazing and has totally made my first droid experience awesome. thanks again!

Advertisement
  2. binary visions

binary visions Well-Known Member

If you click on the cell standby line item, what's the amount next to "Time without a signal"?

If it's high, that could easily be eating all of your battery. Could also be hurting it if you have a weak/fluctuating signal where the phone sits at night.

3. Xaven

Xaven Member This Topic's Starter

Ill have to check that in the morning since i plugged the phone in since and it resets the info. I also tried the airplane mode on/off reboot trick? maybe it will help. I did screen shot the actual percentage just not the time with out signal.

Thanks!

4. binary visions

No problem.

Frankly, I plug my phone in every night. Since I first bought a smartphone a bit over 2 years ago, I've come to grips with the fact that a nightly charge is part of owning one - at least, with my usage patterns.

Also, if you have a low/fluctuating/no signal at night, make sure you do the *228, prompt 2 trick which will reprogram your roaming data.

5. reallykool

reallykool Member

can you explain what roaming does?

6. binary visions