• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help "cell standby" is killing my battery! Help!

rajpotula

Lurker
Nov 26, 2013
Hi all,

I am currently in Japan (originally from India, just here for a business trip for two weeks), using Oneplus 2. I bought a new data sim card and thought I could use it along with my Indian sim card. Two problems popped up:

1. When the Japan card's data is active, the Indian sim losses signal completely. Whatever I try, only one sim gets signal... Not both at the same time.

2. "Cell standby" started showing up in the battery draining apps. Today morning, after a full charge, it lasted for about only 4 hrs! Now I checked the battery stats, cell standby is taking about 22% drain! I have even removed my Indian sim in the morning itself but this still persists!

Please help guys! I am here in Japan for another 10 days and this is torture! I don't mind the other sim not working for now (though I wouldn't mind a solution either), but I need the cell standby to disappear!

Thanks in advance!!

Make sure you update the APN values for whatever carrier you are on in Japan. I know I had to change some values around when I picked up Straight Talk here in the US.

APN settings location: Settings > More > Cellular Names > Access Point Names

Make sure you choose the correct SIM card that you're editing. It should fill in some data, but might be missing crucial bits.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones