• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

cell tower-based GPS?

flexte

Oct 17, 2009
does this work on the hero. I see the icon in the notifications bar but Google maps is saying i have to turn on the actual gps. if that is the case what is the setting to allow network to determine location for. I did some searching with mixed responses some people say cell triangulation works on sprint and some say it doesn't. and some say it just the newer version of google
maps that it doesnt work with.. Im hoping its just the towers near my home. I will double check when im in a different location. anyone have it working with Google maps?
****Update*****
i had the wrong setting ticked i figured it out a few minutes after i posted this. next time ill spend at least an hour before posting a useless new thread. SORRY!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones