Cellular South Hero 2.0 Update?

Last Updated:

1. osli

osli Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Since we don't have a specific forum for the Cellular South HTC Hero, I'm asking here. Has anyone heard a peep from Cellular South about the 2.0+ update? HTC and Sprint have both been slipping some tweets out just to let people know they won't have to wait forever.

The Cellular South version looks just like the Sprint version. I think the hardware is identical. I know that HTC has to update SenseUI before it goes on to Sprint, and Sprint apparently has a lot of their junk installed on the phone. Cellular South seems to have less junk... more stock HTC stuff, and just a customer support text app that seems to be Cellular South specific. But I haven't heard anything about them releasing the update specifically, and the people in local stores I've spoken to are morons.

Advertisement
  2. hempwallace

hempwallace Well-Known Member

It's amazing how they multiply --- they're everywhere. :eek:

3. dmchance

dmchance Member

I was told by a very reliable source that yes we are getting the update soon. CS is always at least a month or so behind everyone else is both device launches and updates. We should not be left behind for too long...

4. ycartt

ycartt New Member

Last I heard was June or July 2010.

5. Addison

Addison Member

I really hope it comes out faster than that.

6. jdmjdm

jdmjdm New Member

will this be an automatic update (as where the phone will update auto) or do you have to download something.. and will the 2.0 update fix the mms?

cellular south customer

7. JustinMSumrall

JustinMSumrall New Member

I texted the Discover Center from my Cell South Hero with this very question last week, and a lady texted me back and said and i quote: "We have been told that the update should be released by the end of June." That being said, i doubt this means much for Sprint customers, as i expect Sprint to roll out the update sooner because it is a much larger company.

8. jdmjdm

jdmjdm New Member

will it be an automatic update and will it fix the mms problem

9. ycartt

ycartt New Member

I am told by CellularSouth that this will not be an automatic update and will probably require wiping the device.