Cellular South In US Also Carrying Hero at much cheaper price

Last Updated:

1. hunt577

hunt577 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. Edaze55

Edaze55 Well-Known Member

Its been well known for awhile that Sprint would not be the only carrier of the CDMA Hero.

Announcement of CS carrying the Hero wasnt long after Sprint, and then they come with a price point of 99 with a 2 year contract and a 79.99 unlimited plan, its like they are trying to get under Sprints skin.

Its almost a shame they are regional.

3. hunt577

its a tempting deal, I'm looking into it.

4. hunt577

I checked on getting the Hero with Cellular South and unfortunately they do not offer service in my state. They only offer service in a handful of states. Even though there coverage map showed they have excellent 3G and voice coverage here, they still do not offer service here. Sprint will still come out the winner as they are a much larger carrier and offer service in many more areas throughout the country.

5. sportsfankeith

sportsfankeith Member

We have taken a major gamble on this phone. I have used one of the test models and we have installed a couple of things that makes ours special, there is major excitement with customers over this.

6. jbreakfield

jbreakfield Member

I'm switching carriers to you guys to try out this phone, and CS's coverage/service... looking forward to trying it out!!:D

7. sportsfankeith

sportsfankeith Member

It officially comes out monday. It was suspose to come out this monday but they added an update so it would work with out phone number transfer machines and an update so it would bluetooth ringtones. Got to love those free ringtones.

8. jbreakfield

jbreakfield Member

I did the pre-order, and should be receiving mine tomorrow...
    Do you know if any of the Sprint Hero issues will also be seen with the CS version?

9. sportsfankeith

sportsfankeith Member

We have not had any issues to my knowledge yet. Today was the first day of the preorder ones in the store and they all programmed fine. We had to adjust a couple of settings to make it work on the (celbrite) number transfer machines but no biggie. Keep in mind sometimes you won't find out issues until it has been in the field for a couple of weeks or even a month. So far so good!