Central FL Users???

Last Updated:

1. staceyh1111

staceyh1111 Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone in the Central FL area that would be willing to help me root this phone? I just got my moment 2 weeks ago. I tried rooting it today by following what seemed to be fairly simple instructions but when I went to do the recovery part, I got this message..."SamsungPST MFC Application has stopped working". I tried going thru the whole process again while phone was still plugged in but I kept getting same msg. When I unplugged it and tried turning it on, all I would get was a pic of a phone, a question mark, and a computer. I had to hard boot it. Once I did that, it was on the 1.5 version. I had to take it to the fix it shop to get the upgrade and my contacts back.

I'm very scared to even try this again myself but I want it rooted so bad! I want to be able to use it as a modem for my laptop.

Can anyone PLEASE help me???

Thanks,

Stacey

Advertisement
  2. one80oneday

one80oneday Well-Known Member

Happened to me, I just uninstalled and deleted everything and started over and that worked. Just rooted this week using this guide...
    http://androidforums.com/1484978-post1.html

3. ovrrdrive

ovrrdrive Well-Known Member

Where in Central Florida are you?

I'm in Ocala...

4. one80oneday

Saint Petersburg, FL here

5. staceyh1111

I'm in the Lakeland area. I's actually Polk City but I'm also in Clearwater pretty much every weekend.

6. ovrrdrive

ovrrdrive Well-Known Member

one80oneday it sounds like she's a lot closer to you...

Good luck. ;)

one80oneday likes this.
  7. staceyh1111

One80OneDay,

So if I follow those steps in the link you posted, will I need to add anything else to my phone? Like does that cover any ROM that I need? Also, since my photos and contacts are somehow backed up thru my gmail account, will they just pop back up on my phone once I'm all finished rooting or will I need to do anything? Sorry for all the questions...I'm totally new to all this.

Thank you...Stacey

8. one80oneday

Think I have a chance?? JK getting married in two weeks....

After you follow those steps you will be rooted and can flash a new rom and kernal (Downloaded mine from SDX). I always suggest backing up everything to your SD card and PC just so you never have the chance to lose anything. Your email will automatically sync when you sign into it with your email but I am not sure about pics. I'm still new myself when it comes to Android. :eek:

ovrrdrive likes this.
  9. staceyh1111

Don't hate me, but how do I flash a new rom and kernal? I've read all the instructions on this stuff but I'm just scared to try anything again on my own. Anyone wanna walk me thru this on the phone? :D

I know the pics are backed up because they came back after I had to take my phone to get the update put back on.

10. one80oneday

No hate, that's what forums are for :). You just download whichever ROM and Kernal you prefer and place those zip files into the root of your SD card. When you are ready to flash, put your phone into recovery mode (with phone off hold vol down+call+end). Select Apply Zip, then reboot, and you're done.
    This video might help YouTube - Make Your Samsung Moment Run 100x Faster In Just 15 Minutes! (How To Flash/Root Your Moment)