• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Certain PDF download f/Internet opens as all white, no text > assistance requested!

Johnny Cakes

Android Enthusiast
Oct 13, 2009
The District of Columbia issues a PDF list of all people arrested in the city each day at this website:

www.burkaengle.com/lockup

The website automatically downloads a PDF of the court's lockup list.

I need to access this list each day for my job. The PDF downloads just fine to my Hero, but opens without any text. If I download it on my computer, it opens just fine.

As background, I used to have a Nokia S60 and used Adobe Reader LE v2.5 from QuickOffice for Symbian systems. I had the exact same problem, which was confirmed by the QuickOffice developers, and after about four months, they issued an update which fixed it.

My question is whether anyone has an PDF Android app which can open the file indicated above? As I said, all other PDF's open ok, there is something unique about this file.

Critical! My boss will make me go back to my crappy Nokia S60 if I can't get the Hero to open this file!

The District of Columbia issues a PDF list of all people arrested in the city each day at this website:

www.burkaengle.com/lockup

The website automatically downloads a PDF of the court's lockup list.

I need to access this list each day for my job. The PDF downloads just fine to my Hero, but opens without any text. If I download it on my computer, it opens just fine.

As background, I used to have a Nokia S60 and used Adobe Reader LE v2.5 from QuickOffice for Symbian systems. I had the exact same problem, which was confirmed by the QuickOffice developers, and after about four months, they issued an update which fixed it.

My question is whether anyone has an PDF Android app which can open the file indicated above? As I said, all other PDF's open ok, there is something unique about this file.

Critical! My boss will make me go back to my crappy Nokia S60 if I can't get the Hero to open this file!

i just tried to read it, but i also got blank pages :/
not sure if there are any apps that will work (too lazy to install and try them out, sorry)
you could try DEMO Android PDF Viewer v0.1.17 Application for Android | Demo or another app, just look around

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones