certain pdf files wont open

Last Updated:

1. JGut

JGut Active Member This Topic's Starter

i have 3 different pdf viewer apps downloaded including the documents to go one that was 15 bucks. the problem is, there are certain types of pdf attachments that still wont open (they are text pdfs), picture pdfs do work. it says "this attachment cannot be displayed" after it tries to fetch it.

any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. JGut

bump to this

3. JGut

they will actually open with my gmail account on there, but not my other accounts.

4. Heliskier59

Heliskier59 Active Member

PDF's that are created "on the fly" by some webservers eg asp pages will only be viewable if you download them first and then open them. It does NOT work for the default browser but Opera Mini browser seems to get most if not all of them. It is important however that when using Opera Mini to "save" and NOT "open" the file. Then use any pdf viewer and look for file in download directory on SD card and it should open up. I use this browser almost exclusively for this work around. I stumbled across this solution a few years ago while trying to view pdf on my samsung i760.

5. JGut

how do you use a browser for that? it just opens them in the built in email app