Certain previously owned Apps not appearing in market after 2.1 upgradeGeneral

Last Updated:

1. iflip

iflip Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is there another thread that addresses this issue? If so sorry to take up space. but some apps that i paid for arent appearing on market after flashing the lates 2.1 roms.

Raging Thunder game Theres a pt.2 but aso not available.
    More icons paid
    Latest swype. to name a few.
    is there anyone else that has this prob?
    I emailed an app dev, about this issue and he replied "for some reason your phone doesnt allow you to list copy protected apps after updating." then suggested i contact market/google support. i went to the link and no email. just a link to FAQ.

Maybe this supposed 2.1 official from htc leak isnt the %100 complete version. If so oh well, there would be a rom updated for that one as well if thats the case. I am pretty satisfied w/ the currrent build. I think its great.

Advertisement
  2. r2d2

r2d2 Well-Known Member

Normal. Have the same issue and contacted both dev and google. Just need to wait. Happend to me when I installed the release 2 of 1. android - only took a week or so for my apps to appear in the market.

Still waiting...

3. Ty07allstar

Ty07allstar Well-Known Member

The only apps that don't appear are the ones that are copy protected. Once the OTA is officially released all of the apps will appear.

4. smacky

smacky Banned

Some may or may not be compatible. Those that say are compatible with 2.1 are copy-protected and will not show up until the Eris officially gets the update.

When that happens, no one knows. But once it does, all your old games and apps, that are compatible, will be available.

5. iflip

iflip Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

thanks for clarifying that for me. makes sense. I actually found my game on slideme.org. i just dont wanna pay for it all over again. hopefully more 3d graphic games will be available on the market soon. id like to see doom or duke nukem come to android. will be awesome.

6. Wraithbane

Wraithbane Well-Known Member

I ended up doing a search and getting a pirated version of the app I had paid for (WB Elite in my case).

7. Jshizzy

Jshizzy Well-Known Member

Yeah you can find almost anything you want by a google search of: apk download. Not going to name the sites out of respect, but they are out there if you want to go that route.

8. DDustiNN

DDustiNN Well-Known Member

Are there 1.5 apps that specifically won't work in 2.1 at all? I've been wondering if that is the reason for the OTA delay, because they are just trying to make the upgrade as seemless as possible (unlike the manual install where you completely reset your phone). The general population is not going to want to re-download all of their apps after an OS upgrade...