Certified 'Like-new' Replacement phone???Support

Last Updated:

1. Incredible_Nat

Incredible_Nat Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

so ... I've had my DI since 2 days prior to the launch date and everything worked great until 3 days ago the speaker (red piece) started buzzing intermittently during conversations.

I took it to the V-store: problem identified and confirmed, but no replacement phones on hand......

Called Verizon and they are sending me a certified 'like-new' replacement.

My concerns:

1. the replacement phone will be from the newer batch without the AMOLED screen

2. since it's not a new phone it might have other issues ...

Anyone been in the same boat? Should I just wait till August?

Advertisement
  2. ctc

ctc Well-Known Member

Oh great mine just buzzed on me last night when I made a call and then the person on the other end couldn't hear me. I eventually rebooted my phone and it was working fine after that. I don't want to have to wait for a replacement if I continue having issues.

1. If it is "like-new" then it would be a refurb w/ AMOLED.

2. Someone in another thread put it like this: a small percentage of new phones are picked and tested off the assembly line whereas 100% of refurb phones are tested to ensure quality.

3. Incredible_Nat

That's good to know. But I will be comparing the two closely...

4. RetiredUSMC

RetiredUSMC Active Member

I just received my certified like new replacement and it is in perfect condition. It was 100% tested they even send you the data sheet with all the test results. My first Incredible was rebooting every time a program needed to use GPS (indoors or outdoors). I have had my new one for 2 days now and it works flawlessly, and you could never tell it wasn't brand new. The screen is the same as my first one, I compared them side by side. No worries and no reboots!

5. sezaro21

sezaro21 Well-Known Member

DAMM, I just had to order a Refurb as my original INC started actting up. The home screens were shifting from one to the other on it's own as well as not being able to delete emails in my trash folder for my Gmail account. The phone will be here tuesday. This really sucks as I was hoping to keep my original. Hopefully this new phone will fix the issues.

6. Incredible_Nat

Thanks, guys, for putting my mind at ease.....The replacement works just fine.

7. jpepping

jpepping Member

I got one and there was a dead spot on the touchscreen. I could not type a c or r on the small keyboard so it was hard to get the thing setup, then found that when I pressed the People Icon on the home screen nothing happened. Very strange. New one on the way.

It had all the test info and said passed, but I did not see a test to check the touchscreen.

8. rmreid

rmreid Well-Known Member

On my way to my 4th Dinc, and this one will be a "certified like new" device - At this point I am hoping it works better than my previous 3 :( if not I think I will hold out for the Droid 2 release......