1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

CES 2012 - Transformer Prime 7" - $250 !!!!!General

1. 1080p

1080p Well-Known Member

Advertisement
    :
  2. RadYOacTiVe

RadYOacTiVe Well-Known Member

This will be mine too. I hope they release this soon.
  3. reiththestud

reiththestud Well-Known Member

Will be buying. I'm stoked.
  4. lennydude

lennydude Well-Known Member

Any idea as to when this thing goes on sale?
  5. MtnbikerChk

MtnbikerChk Well-Known Member

I read no time table so they are just saying "summer."
  6. Dolph144

Dolph144 Member

Very interesting. ANy word on what kind of display it will be? (TFT, IPS, ect.) And with it supposedly being part of the 'Transformer' line, will it also get an optional keyboard dock?
  7. Topken

Topken Well-Known Member

They never said that it was part of the transformer line at all. The community just assumes its part of the Transformer line is all.
  8. kdittyr

kdittyr Member

I'm interested in full specs... has anyone see a list other than the specs listed above?
    ( ie, more than: $250, 7" screen, Tegra 3 Quad Core, Ice Cream Sandwich! )
  9. reiththestud

reiththestud Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what more you could want, but I'll give it a shot. It appears it will have an IPS screen, so super high quality there. Some sort of a textured back but probably not metal. microhdmi port on the bottom. Not as thin as a Galaxy Tab 10.1 or 8.9, just like how the Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus is thicker because of the limited space for the battery. And in a video I saw it will have a screen capture button that will allow you to draw annotations on the screen before finalizing the screen capture.
  10. edster

edster Member

I read it has an IPS screen, micro hdmi, micro usb, and micro sd card slots. It has a textured back but is not metal, so won't interfere with wifi, not sure if it has GPS but a screen shot I saw seems to indicate that it does.

I think this will be my next tab too, from what I saw it is set for Q2 2012.
  11. RadYOacTiVe

It's an Asus, has tegra 3, ICS, multiple ports, sd slot...how much more do you need to know for a $250 tablet. Unless it comes with a 480x240 resistive touch screen, this will be a winner all day long.

12. kdittyr

kdittyr Member

RadYOacTiVe likes this.
  13. spin360

spin360 Well-Known Member

Would be the perfect tablet for me if it had a front facing camera...
  14. hemplacrosse4

hemplacrosse4 Well-Known Member

Hmmmm, now this tablet I might get instead of the updated Transformer Prime. It's still up for debate though, I already have a laptop which I would want to sell if I was going to get the Prime because that would be my replacement. But for less than HALF the price of the Prime it seems like an easy choice to go with the 7inch Transformer instead. The no front facing camera though is pretty lame, I mean come on it's 2012 everyone is doing it by now haha. What else are you guys thinking?
  15. moortje

moortje New Member

when will it release in my country.....

waiting for it too
  16. RadYOacTiVe

Haven't heard much since CES, hoping this releases soon!
  17. ylexot

ylexot Well-Known Member

Maybe they'll say more at MWC. If it's releasing at the same time as the TF700T, then June was mentioned as the earliest time frame.
  18. prmax

prmax Well-Known Member

Sweet, $250. It is on my list for purchase when it comes out. Is it the Asus Eee Pad Memo?
  19. tube517

tube517 Well-Known Member Contributor

I'm glad I read this. I may have to get this one instead of the 10" one. Nice price.
  20. Bnice

Bnice Guest

21. prmax

prmax Well-Known Member