• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ces and htc

chris 290

Android Enthusiast
Jun 29, 2010
At the consumer electronics show in las Vegas there has been alot of talk about android devices. Im a little disappointed though that htc who made our wonderful desire have not shown anything really new or upcoming that would spark interest.

They have announced htc thunderbolt for the us market, an htc desire hd for 4g networks.

I love the desire but I am hoping that htc will go tegra 2 technology and keep there great design quality and innovate to remain top dog. Any one else feeling htc letting us down and being overtaken rapidly by others innovations being ahead of htc.

Come on htc, blow us all away with something cool.

I got my Desire because I believed it to be the best phone I could get for the money at the time. I didn't feel let down by Sony Ericsson who made my old phone.
If the best phone I can get at the end of my contract in about 22 month's time isn't by HTC, I won't feel let down by them, I'll just get that phone, no matter who makes it.

Blind brand loyalty is for Apple users.

Upvote 0
I got my Desire because I believed it to be the best phone I could get for the money at the time. I didn't feel let down by Sony Ericsson who made my old phone.
If the best phone I can get at the end of my contract in about 22 month's time isn't by HTC, I won't feel let down by them, I'll just get that phone, no matter who makes it.

Completely agree :) personally I'm hoping that Sony get the PlayStation phone right and I personally think it will be a huge game changer if they get it right

Upvote 0

I agree, at first I hoped HTC would bring out a great phone this year.
But then I saw Motorola's Atrix and I've got to say, that's one hell of a phone :D

Upvote 0
Well the Desire I have is just fine and in a few weeks I will have a Desire Z, as far as CES I could care less, HTC will show new stuff when they are ready,they don't need some DOG and PONY show like CES to bring out their new stuff, as for CDMA phones and Motorola well in my book both are GARBAGE and that is all, I would not own either, infact I would go back to Nokia before I purchased that crap!!!!

Motorola reminds me of a old saying "You can put lipstick and a dress on a pig but in the end it is still a PIG" and that is my feelings about Motorola and their new best buddy Verizon!!!!

Upvote 0
Well the Desire I have is just fine and in a few weeks I will have a Desire Z, as far as CES I could care less, HTC will show new stuff when they are ready,they don't need some DOG and PONY show like CES to bring out their new stuff, as for CDMA phones and Motorola well in my book both are GARBAGE and that is all, I would not own either, infact I would go back to Nokia before I purchased that crap!!!!

Motorola reminds me of a old saying "You can put lipstick and a dress on a pig but in the end it is still a PIG" and that is my feelings about Motorola and their new best buddy Verizon!!!!

You may be right as I have never had a Motorola but the XOOM looks pretty good.
Does anyone know if it will be sold in Europe SIM Free?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones