Challenge: Use Kindle Paperwhite 6" as Samsung Galaxy S4 Screen?Support

1. jarvatron

jarvatron New Member

I have a challenge for a keen developer/hacker. I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 (love it), and I also have a Kindle Paperwhite 6" (also love it). I am also a bit of a writer but am sick and tired of staring at my Mac screen late at night!

My question is, would it be possible to use the Kindle as a second screen for my S4, run an Android word processor, hook up a bluetooth keyboard and therefore create my own portable e-ink word processor, so I will no longer have to stare at a glaring back light when writing drafts?

I have seen people use Kindles via a VNC server to run a second screen for a PC, but would the same be possible using my S4? Has anyone else tried it?

If these companies really wanted to make billions they would develop an A4 e-ink reader with basic word processing applications and a bluetooth keyboard. Seriously every uni student I know would want on!

Challenge accepted?

To infinity and beyond.

Advertisement
    :
  2. stargazertony

stargazertony Well-Known Member

They already make billions. Besides with companies suing each over for everything, I think they'd rather make money in the courts then develop things...