• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] ChameleonOS: Android 4.3.1 For ZTE WARP [ VERY PRE-BETA ]

Dm47021

Android Expert
Nov 26, 2011
coloma mi
opheader_zps167b8e2d.gif

Chameleon OS (or ChaOS for short) is a custom Android ROM that gives the user more control than they can experience on any other Android ROM. Starting with a CyanogenMOD base, we customize each piece to give ultimate control while maintaining the simplicity we all love about Android. The most notable feature of ChaOS is the theme engine, which can apply different pieces of themes in a true mix-and-match style. The launcher has been completely overhauled with tons of options that you'd normally need to download a third-party launcher for, such as home screen previews, folder sorting, and folder icon styles. The Messaging app has also had some UI retouches, including messaging bubbles and quick emoji button.

The entire framework of ChaOS has been modified around the theme engine, allowing for custom fonts, boot animations (with animated preview), and themes. No longer do you have to try to find the perfect theme, with Chameleon OS you can patch it together with your favorite pieces from different themes. Messaging, Phone, Status Bar, icons, everything can be set completely individually from each other which provides the capabilities to completely re-imagine your phone. Creating themes for the ChaOS Theme Engine is superbly simple and has extreme versatility.

Even with all of the features we've currently implemented, ChaOS will continue to mature with even more refined settings and features. We will be completely open source and will welcome developers to join us, whether it be by maintaining a device or utilizing our gerrit review. Even if you're not a developer, your voice will not go unheard. We will continually poll our users for the most wanted features and do our best to implement them.

Features
This List Will Be Evolving With The ROM
Built on CM so basic CM features are included
Fully open source, contribute features and fix bugs

Launcher Features

Folder icon styles: stacked, grid, or carousel
Folder sorting: alphabetically, reverse alphabetically, or by usage
Icon scaling in app drawer and on homescreen
Home screen previews, rearrangable homescreens
Set default screen from previews layout
Add or remove homescreens from previews layout
Slide homescreens with a second finger while holding widgets and icons
Customizable gestures: slide up, slide down, pinch, and spread

Theme Manager

Based on MIUI's theme engine
Mix and match different themes on the fly
Theme options: Icons, Status Bar, Boot animation, Font (requires reboot), Messaging, Framework, and Ringtones
Applies native ctz files, but also will apply MIUI mtz files, not all elements will theme properly with mtz packages
Animated boot animation preview
Boot animation resolution scaling

Status Bar

Customizable toggles, compact or page view (or off)
Extended volume panel in page view toggles
Access status or navigation bars while in fullscreen apps by touching the edge of the screen

Messaging

Reads custom notification tones from Contacts
Revised layout: Added messaging bubbles, removed avatar icons from conversation and put one in the action bar, quick shortcut for emojis

Security

Manage installed apps' permissions

opscreens_zpsc90645a1.png

WHAT I NEED RIGHT NOW ARE TESTERS FOR 3G/DATA

There are 2 Rils i need you guys to test. the stock ril..e.g the one that i packaged with the rom, "QualcommSharedRIL"

And the other flashable zip, ril 2 "LGEQualcommUiccRIL"

For me, they both appear to work, but my warps are not active. so i need you to test 3g/data

Whats Working
It Boots
sound
hardware / gfx acceleration
sensors
bluetooth :)
Radio.. yes
Things seems to stick better in this rom

External storage is BUSTED right now. so no sdcard

You will likely experience some lag at first, but this is gone once the radio comes up.
also themes are not working, we are looking into this. as i stated this is very pre beta, but need testers.

Settings i found work the best for performance

CPU: 61/1804mhz
Gov: Smoothass
IoSched: CFQ
Allow purging of bitmap assest
16-bit transparency
dithering at the default value

ALSO:
YOU MUST MANUALLY WIPE DATA AFTER INSTALLING THIS ROM, I HAVE NOT ADDED IT TO THE UPDATE SCRIPT AS OF YET

Downloads

ROM:Chaos-JB4.3-Warp-Nov122013

LGEQualcommUiccRIL:RIL-FLASHABLE

Awesome!! :D I really like this CHAOS much better, the kernel alone is worth it, Lower low end, Higher, high end!!:D The messaging app is awesome as well, ALL THOSE EMOTES!!! OMG!!:D CHAOS Rules!!:p;):D

its a more tweaked alien 4 kernel built with the latest linaro optimizations, and a little cook up i call the alien 4 scheduler. works when using cfq.

in benchmarks iam pulling 60fps give or take.. without vsync

Reactions: LilBit
Upvote 0
Also tells me android phone process has stopped working.. few freezes here n there while trying to switch apps and test things camera dosent work i think thats due to no sd card ext... will keep playing and give feedback with any other details

I'm having the same issue, i like the way it looks, seems to have a lot of cool features but i cant use it, i never gained reception, keeps freezing and tells me my android phone process has stopped working. i will go back to my last Rom for now, once all the issues are fixed i cant wait to use this Rom!!!

Upvote 0
Been testing for a few days and yes it is as stated BUGGY! I would love for this to work 100% so here's my 2 cents:

Superuser X (Legacy or +) adds stability, WiFi is non-existent, and SD works (kinda) if you pull it and stick it while in Home Screen (no lock screen etc..).

For 3G its kinda tricky... I live in Western Maryland right on the border of Radio Free USA (yes it's real, few thousand sq miles in WV and MD for largest steerable radio telescope). In some areas only diesel engines can be used as spark plugs emit EMI along with toasters, portable heaters, and yes ALL CELL/WiFi/and all other forms of Electro/Radio transmissions are banned. Until I can get to DC area I'll know if 3G is solid.

For now it seems like an awsome start especially since settings like CPU/IO, dithering, etc.. stick on first try which I always had a problem with on Cyano10.

Great now I have to chose...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones