Change account in GTalk; plans for future?

Last Updated:

1. eyc

eyc Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

May 2, 2010
    Is anyone in the know regarding when Google will allow a user to change their Gtalk login account without having to do a factory reset? I realize that when I first configured my phone, I set a specific Gmail account as my primary. But, now that I'm so much more Gmail reliant, I've decided I want to start using a different Gmail account as my primary. Is there no way of doing this short of resetting the phone?

I also heard that applications are tied to the primary account. So, even if you do a factory reset and use a different primary account, you will not be able to claw back the lost apps without paying again. Is this really true? Will Google be changing this? Or is this just how things work in the Android world (which I'm very new to)?

2. NileshNote

NileshNote New Member

Feb 8, 2012
    I am facing the same probs & need a solution.

Resetting to factory setting doesn't work.
  3. jamala00

jamala00 Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    I believe if you go into the HBoot (vol down + Power) to power up phone there is a "Wipe Data"..? Not sure if that is the Factory Reset you are talking about, but I believe that works to wipe your data and renenter your gmail info with the new account you want. Not sure if that is actually a full factory reset. I also thought you could go to Settings\Applications... All Applications.. Gmail... Clear Data & Clear Cache? That doesn't work?