• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help change default browser, PLEASE

tenchy

Jan 9, 2012
UK
I'm Trying To Change From Default Browser To Dolphin, But It Is Driving Me Insane.
I've Done It In Dolphin, But Hasn't Made Much Difference.
All The Thread I Find Say To Go To Settings..Blah..Blah, But I Just Don't Have Those Options!

Nexus On 3 In UK, With jelly bean

Head to settings > apps > internet (or whatever you browse is called) > clear defaults. Next time you open a link, you'll be presented with an option to open with the app of your choice..

Aren't you seeing those options at all?

Alternatively, if you install another browser, you'll be given the choice to choose a default next time you open a link.

Reactions: tenchy
Upvote 0
Oh thank god for that!!!

Reading el president e's post, I had a epiphony.
On this phone it's not called internet. I'd been scrolling down to the apps beginning with I.
Right past the one called browser... doh!

I wish they'd keep things the same so I could follow previous help better.

Thanks again, and yes, my rage at the phone turned me into a Muppet!

Upvote 0
Oh thank god for that!!!

Reading el president e's post, I had a epiphony.
On this phone it's not called internet. I'd been scrolling down to the apps beginning with I.
Right past the one called browser... doh!

I wish they'd keep things the same so I could follow previous help better.

Thanks again, and yes, my rage at the phone turned me into a Muppet!

It was pretty much the same....up until Android Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0 when Google redid the entire UI.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones