Change default sent message box

Last Updated:

1. ogcrouton

ogcrouton New Member This Topic's Starter

Is there an APP or a way to change the folder that sent emails go to, the way it can be done it outlook. I do not want to BCC myself on a sent message but i will like it to go to the same sent box that messages from my PC does. I know this is a big concern for a lot of people but was not sure if it was ever solved or not.

Advertisement
  2. jwpilly

jwpilly Well-Known Member

If you are using a gmail account, then the messages sent from your phone will be in the sent folder on your pc. That's the beauty of the Google cloud.

3. ogcrouton

ogcrouton New Member This Topic's Starter

Thank you i did not know that. What about if you are using IMAP through a work email. There is nothing to do to change that?

4. jwpilly

IF, and that's a big if, you can forward your work email to your gmail account, then you can reply to your work emails in your gmail inbox with your work's email address. You just need to go to your gmail account, settings, accounts and import, send mail as:, and then click the radio button labeled "Reply from the same address the message was sent to." Again, all sent messages will be saved in your gmail sent folder. It's a jerry-rigged method, but it works.

5. jwpilly

Btw, you want to change your setting in the gmail account on your PC, not your phone.