• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Change Default SMS for EVO w/ Handcent

momoftwins

Lurker
Sep 2, 2010
I just downloaded the Handcent to my EVO and followed all the steps provided in the FAQ and can not seem to get it to ONLY recognize the Handcent and not the orig. droid SMS that came on my phone.
Please help me with this. I haven't been able to find anyone with a similar problem with the EVO.
Thanks

You will always see your messages in both apps because they are reading the data from the same place. The good thing is, when you delete messages from one of them, it will delete from the other as well, so you only need to look at one. If your issue is you are getting notifications from both apps, then just turn off notifications on your stock messaging app. Go to the app, click menu, then settings, then uncheck the box that says "Received Notification" in the "received messages" section. Also, uncheck "Sent Notification" in the "Sent messages" section. You will no longer get duplicate notifications. You'll only get notifications from Handcent. (Make sure you have them enabled in Handcent, of course).

I hope that's what you were talking about. :)

Reactions: Ramblin
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones