Change default storage ?

Last Updated:

1. kushtastick

kushtastick Well-Known Member

So I have been looking around on google already and can't find a solution.

Does anyone know or have any insight on how to change the default storage location to SD (in this case _ExternalSD) ---> Which is basically what I'm trying to get rid of.

As I posted earlier I'm trying to have Ubuntu run on it but the .sh script won't run correctly because it won't play friendly with the external card, and I want to move the image and script to the internal storage so that can be my "Ubuntu Partition" and have it completely run off of those 4 gb and have the phone use SD card as its default for folders (such as titanium backup, .android clockwork mod, .trashes lost.dir ECT.....)

Any help would be VERY helpful and much appreciated with a big THANKS!

2. Fuzzy13

Fuzzy13 Well-Known Member

Dont mess with it. You will screw your phone up. There is no way to switch them.
  3. hippiegang

hippiegang Well-Known Member

Yes there is I have changed my cold.fstab and it makes yur phone mount internal as esternal SD only problem I have idk yur compputer wont recognize it
  4. Fuzzy13

5. hippiegang

6. hippiegang

It didn't mess me up but I hope it don't gosh too late I guess
  7. Mexjoker

Mexjoker I'm Not Real, Doris!

:O!.... Well hope nothing nad comes to your device.
  8. Fuzzy13

Yup. Judging from that thread 3 people had problems and at least 1 had to replace their phone.

Yeah, I close that thread out as fast as I can. I don't even want my phone to be tempted or even thinking about it. ahahaha
  9. n4zty

n4zty Well-Known Member

mike made the mod to switch from internal default to external ive yet to try this but also read probs with pc detecting our phone's as usb memory so im not sure if i would try this myself since i hate hassle.
  10. Fuzzy13

Honestly i see no benefits that justify the risk. Works fine as it sits for me.
  11. hippiegang

I think my phones better with 16g internal