1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Change Exchange Password - Two Accounts

Last Updated:

1. dozment

dozment Member This Topic's Starter

I apologize if this has already been posted, but I haven't been able to find an answer. I have a rooted Captivate running OS 2.1. I have two Exchange accounts defined. The native email client works well for me except when it comes time to change an Exchange password once a month. When I edit an existing account and try to change the password it give me the "Only two Exchange accounts allowed" message. Is there any other way to change the password?

After reading another thread about passwords being stored in clear text I did a little research and found my password in the accounts.db file. I copied that file over, changed the password, and moved it back. That didn't seem to work even after a restart.

I noticed the K-9 email client. I will take a look at that, but would really like to this to work with the native client if possible.

Dan

Advertisement
  2. Orange_MP3

Orange_MP3 New Member

Dan, any luck with fixing this problem? I am having the same problem on my Captivate running OS 2.1 (not rooted) as well. I have done some searches but have not found any resolution yet.