Change folders HTC Sync saves to?Support

Last Updated:

1. .ParanoidAndroid.

.ParanoidAndroid. Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Using HTC Sync to save photos/documents/music I want to save it all in one folder on my Desktop so I can look at them right away to review before deciding what to keep and what to get rid of

The problem is, the default save folders make no sense for Windows 7 because it saves everything in the annoying long winded My Documents/Device Documents, and there seems to be no way of changing it

Annoying because it saves it in My Documents, not "Documents" which is the Win7 folder, and obviously I'd want Photos saved in Pictures.

But regardless I want it all in one folder on my Desktop

Any way to do that?

Advertisement
  2. .ParanoidAndroid.

.ParanoidAndroid. Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone?

It's a handy app just blimmin' annoying it scatters all the stuff from the phone all over the place

3. barnettxxx

barnettxxx New Member

If someone does know how to do this please share.

4. grweidla

grweidla New Member

After much annoyance I have worked out how to change the default paths for HTC Desire HD or other HTC phones running HTC Sync 3.0. Why the developers of HTC Sync didn't put an option for this in the interface is completely beyond me.

In order to change the default photo gallery and documents sync locations of HTC Sync 3.0 all you need to do is edit an .s3db file which can be done with SQLite Administrator. You can download SQLite Administrator from here SQLite Administrator - International Milestone Beta

Firstly make sure you have done at least one sync and exit HTC sync (check in the taskbar that it is not floating in the background).

Once you have extracted the zip to a folder, run it and open the following SQLite database file which is created by HTC Sync.
    C:\Users\Your username\AppData\Roaming\HTC\Database\UPCT_DB.s3db
    This is on a Windows 7 machine, the path may be slightly different on other Windows flavours. Just search your profile for the UPCT_DB.s3db file. You need to have syncronized at least once to get your phone loaded into the database.

Follow the following steps.
    * Click on the 'edit data' tab
    * Open the tables tree view and click on the 'tPhone' table.
    * You should see 2 IMEI entries for your phone, not sure why 2 but anyway we go on.
    * Click into the table and arrow right until you get to the 'PhotoPath' column.
    * Update the path to whatever you want for Windows 7 I went with 'C:\Users\My Username\Pictures\Phone'
    * Click on the tick button to commit the change to the file.
    * I also updated the second IMEI entry just to be sure.
    * The next column to the right is the default Documents path, change this in the same manner if you want to.
    * Close SQLite adminitrator

That's it. Run HTC Sync - in gallery it still displays 'File will be saved to /My Photos/Device Camera Shots/ but the data will in fact sync to the new path you have entered.

I am so happy to have that fixed its been bugging me since the first day I got my DHD.

Regards,

Gerard...

kevo78, Lee Wilkerson and rs.saunders like this.
  5. rs.saunders

rs.saunders New Member

Thanks for solving something that was bugging me for ages too! It is ridiculous that they don't allow this in the application. I can confirm this works with Version 3.0.5557 of HTC Sync and an HTC Flyer. Hat's off to you good sir

6. adrianlittee

adrianlittee New Member

if people are wondering why there are 2 imei slots its because one is for the internal memory and the other is for the external SD card :D

7. Lee Wilkerson

Lee Wilkerson New Member

After having edited the s3db file in question, it still only saves about 10 of 240 pictures to my computer. Do I need to edit another place?