Change folders with BetterCut?Support

Last Updated:

1. Needsdecaf

Needsdecaf Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've searched through here and the only info I came up with was pretty old. Is there any way to change folder icons using Better Cut? I have folders on my home screens with contacts and shortcuts, respectively and I'd like to change from the stock Android look.

Thanks all! Loving my new Droid! Much better than the Eris...

Advertisement
  2. may2700

may2700 Well-Known Member

i dont believe you can do it with better cut, but i do recall someone posting that it was possible if you rooted your phone. you might want to do a search for that

3. BigMace23

BigMace23 Well-Known Member

Bettercut doesn't change folder icons but there is a free app called appsorganizer in the market that does this :)

4. Needsdecaf

Ok, if you could explain how this program works, I would be happy. I can't figure out what the hell it does!!

I want to just change the icon on a standard folder, into which which I am going to drop speed dials or browser bookmarks from the standard "shortcuts" application.

Thanks!

5. Needsdecaf

OK, I figured out how to use the app organizer, but the only thing it organizes is, duh, apps. :)

Won't work for folders containing other things. Neat little program, though.

6. NeuroNY

NeuroNY Active Member

The App Organizer dev also has another program out, called abcOrganizer. In addition to apps, it also organizes contacts and bookmarks.

I'm still trying to find something that organizes folders, because I have a bunch of Direct Dial contacts, etc., that I want to put into normal folders. Also, opening of the "folders" for Apps Organizer/abcOrganizer is a bit slow for my tastes.

7. El Blacksheep

El Blacksheep Well-Known Member

I was really hoping I could skin my Pandora Stations live folder with Better Cut :(

I know this is an old thread, but has anyone found a way to skin a live folder's icon (without modifying the apk)?