Change Gmail AccountSupport

Last Updated:

1. brettlewis

brettlewis Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm looking to chnage my primary account for my android phone but am not looking to loose all my information while doing it. :D

The gmail account i set up my first android phone with was really just a bin for all my other crazy emails to go to. I finally got to creating a real gmail account for myself and want to tie my phone to this account instead.

Advertisement
  2. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

What is it you want to keep from the bunk account? If a few messages, just forward them to your new account. If you have some contacts in the old one, export them in csv format and import into your new account. Otherwise just delete the old account off the phone and add the new one.

3. INTREPID-NY

INTREPID-NY Well-Known Member

Login to www.Gmail.com with your old account using a browser. Is all your email and contacts there? If so, going to menu, settings, Accounts & Sync, Google, and clicking "Remove Account" on your PHONE will not effect your google acount online. However, anything stored on your PHONE under that account will be lost.

In other words, removing a google account on your phone does not remove your online google account. Just the ability to connect to it using your phone.

To move your contacts over to the new account, export the contacts using your old gmail account online and then import them into your new gmail account. Click on export in gmail online when viewing your contacts and follow the instructions.

4. brettlewis

brettlewis Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I didn't really have any contact problems.

The only issues I have is getting my paid apps and I cant seem to login to facebook (from accounts menu) since I factory reset my phone.