Change Gmail on Motorola DroidSupport

Last Updated:

1. ricksr

ricksr New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi. I recently gave my son my original Motorola Droid and purchased a new Droid X for myself. He still gets my Gmail on my old phone (and so do I on the Droid X) Can anyone tell me how to remove my Gmail account from his Droid and add my sons Gmail to it instead? Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. DaSchmarotzer

DaSchmarotzer Blame it on me VIP Member

Hi and welcome to the forums! I moved your question to the right subforum. ;)

As for the answer, doing a factory reset should work, but you will also lose all of the applications. However it should be important for your son to use his own account, especially if he doesn't want your contacts and if you don't want his.

3. esevelien

esevelien New Member

Hi, I'm new here and to the android world, so forgive me if this comes across as a bit silly. Got me a SE X8 few days ago. It has the gmail app already installed.

I have set up some mail and the gmail app. Yet.. made a mistake and I want to change the account for the gmail application. I've come here and started to search the fora for a solution. Is there no other way round to it, then a reset?? Cos the gmail app is standard on the SE X8, couldn't I just add a second gmail app to it?

I know, i'm blond. But please this strikes me as odd, that you cant change the account within the app... But I've read about lot's more stuff already that seems odd :)