change how to answering droid

1. AmneonX

AmneonX Well-Known Member

Is there a way to make it so that all i have to do os push a button to answer the phone instead or do the slide thing. My mom just got the phone and its hard for her to answer the phone while driving if she's got to slide it.

Advertisement
  2. PhilosoRaptor

PhilosoRaptor Well-Known Member

Lolz, surprised no one replied just to comment on that :p.

I'm not sure about an app or anything to change it, but I know if she gets a Bluetooth earpiece/speaker/head unit for her car, then she can just hit the answer button on the receiver to answer and talk. I use it all the time in my Altima and it's nice to not touch the phone to answer.
  3. VIO

VIO Well-Known Member

I am like 90% positive that the "slide" motion of the Lockscreen (and subsequent "answer call" screeen) is hardwired in a way that cannot be changed via normal methods. Those screens cannot be "replaced" in the same way your sms, or even dialer apps can.

Technically with a rooted droid, and a custom ROM built from altered source code, it could be possible but as of yet no one has made a ROM that does that.
  4. allanlaw

allanlaw Well-Known Member

There is an app that lets you use the camera button to answer the phone, but it really isn't too good and I uninstalled it pretty quick.
  5. ashykat

ashykat Well-Known Member

It would be nice for this to be an option. The Palm Pre had a patch that enabled "slide to answer". Was pretty convenient in certain situations.
  6. rmadler

rmadler Active Member

Tedd's Droid Tools is available for free in the market. I had a problem where sometimes I couldn't answer the phone because the slide got stuck. This app allows you to use the camera button to answer the phone and the power key to ignore a call. Try it you will like it.
  7. DatacomGuy

DatacomGuy Well-Known Member

Did the exact same thing.
  8. AmneonX

AmneonX Well-Known Member

I will look into it, it looks like you can do a hard press on the answer button as well. I'm just looking for something to make it alittle easier for her until she gets used to it.
  9. Unclm311

Unclm311 Well-Known Member

My dad is the same way! He swears the phone doesn't pick up when he slides it and then he misses calls haha. He has an indcredible though...
  10. bogaski

bogaski Member

Ted's Droid Tools seemed only OK. Lagged in response regardless of whether you pushed the onscreen or camera button. A good idea that needs to be polished. Also, it overlays the answering option as oppossed to replacing it.
  11. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

BT headset/handsfree, as suggested above, which she should be using if she wants to drive and talk anyway.
  12. nathan312

nathan312 Well-Known Member

Yeah, the X has the push button method I saw...Kinda like it. I could have SWORN that I've used a push button method on my D1! Maybe with Dialer One app?
  13. 3devious

3devious Well-Known Member

Well, is there anyway to leave the Droid in speakerphone and have it ask you if you want to answer and if you say "yes" it picks up the phone like normal cell phones with speaker phone in them?
  14. cyberclaus

cyberclaus Well-Known Member

I use the "MyLock phone tools". It turns the slider into a green button to answer and a red button to ignore. It doesn't seem laggy and it's free on the android market.