Change icons at bottom?Support

Last Updated:

1. JDuc

JDuc Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm trying to figure out how to change the icons at the bottom of the screen but I'm failing miserably at it...or I'm beginning to think that it's just not possible?

Specifically I'm wanting to change the Messaging icon out to be the one for Handcent (or any other messaging icon other than stock). Yes, I realize I can set it to point to use Handcent by default, but when you initially open it, it doesn't start to use Handcent initially, only once you go into conversations does it start to use the Handcent application.

Is there a way to do this like there is on the other Galaxy devices or is this completely locked down on the Epic and I need to download another UI in order to change this?

Advertisement
  2. JDubbleTrouble

JDubbleTrouble Well-Known Member

basically yea youd have to disable touchwiz and run stock android or another launcher go to your settings applications manage applicatoions hit the menu button filter all find twlauncher near the bottom go into this and clear defaults hit home it gives you the option to use touchwiz or stock home u only have 3 screens no samsung widgets but launcher pro can fix that kinda stuff for you

JDuc likes this.
  3. JDuc

JDuc Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Lame....:(

Thanks for the response though!!

4. zetterwing

zetterwing Active Member

5. iBleedBlackNgold

iBleedBlackNgold Well-Known Member

u can tap the stock messaging icon and if u have handcent checked as default, when u pick the recipient it automatically switches to handcent. its just going to give u the list view in stock

6. rubynu88

rubynu88 Member

Anything you wanna change, just press and hold and and option menu will appear. oh.. and there are additional pages of the little icons at the bottom, if u just swipe to the left or the right you will see open spaces for additional icons. Just press and hold one of the "plus signs" and and option menu to assign an app will appear. ;)

7. bshelman

bshelman New Member

This does not work on the Epic 4g... At least not my stock version. :eek:

8. shaolinmastr

shaolinmastr New Member

I use Launcher Pro Plus and Desktop Visualizer.

[​IMG]

9. Howard Packer

Howard Packer Well-Known Member

Get Launcher Pro, and go for the Plus version just because it is as great as everyone says. It will allow you to change which icons are on the dock, and which programs.

I hated having my Epic with the native contacts locked on the dock because I never use that program; I use DejaOffice for my contacts. I want only what I use, and I don't want to see something just sitting there that I will never use. Launcher Pro takes care of this.

It does so many great things that go beyond just what you requested here. Just get it! :)