Change lock with Spare PartsSupport

Last Updated:

1. MikeBuck

MikeBuck New Member This Topic's Starter

Morning all!,

Am thinking of getting a Galaxy but the one thing that seems to annoy people more than others is the lock button. I have heard that you can download an App called "Spare Parts" which you can config to use the hang up button has the lock button. Has anyone tried this?

Mike

Advertisement
  2. pedja.m

pedja.m Member

The hang up button from Spare parts can be set to make the phone go to sleep. The lock button seems to do just the same as i could see from logcat and dmesg. You can't set it to lock the phone without some other app I think. Lock button at least for me is not that annoying, just takes a bit of time to get used to and learn how to use it effectively.

3. kam187

kam187 Well-Known Member

You can use lock2.0 if you want, and use hangup button to wake up the screen, then swipe to unlock. Its like the iphone.

The problem is that the time to wakeup seems to vary between 0 and 3 seconds. Thats pretty anoying, and won't change untill we fix up the resources problems.

4. dreamer81

dreamer81 Active Member

I would like to use the android pattern lock instead.

So that I can press ANY button on the keyboard, and it will show the pattern lock mechanism....

That way I cannot make any accidental calls in my pocket, and I dont have to worry about that stupid lock button.