• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Change lock with Spare Parts

MikeBuck

Lurker
Oct 29, 2009
Morning all!,

Am thinking of getting a Galaxy but the one thing that seems to annoy people more than others is the lock button. I have heard that you can download an App called "Spare Parts" which you can config to use the hang up button has the lock button. Has anyone tried this?

Mike

Morning all!,

Am thinking of getting a Galaxy but the one thing that seems to annoy people more than others is the lock button. I have heard that you can download an App called "Spare Parts" which you can config to use the hang up button has the lock button. Has anyone tried this?

Mike

The hang up button from Spare parts can be set to make the phone go to sleep. The lock button seems to do just the same as i could see from logcat and dmesg. You can't set it to lock the phone without some other app I think. Lock button at least for me is not that annoying, just takes a bit of time to get used to and learn how to use it effectively.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones