Change message skinSupport

1. hmartins

hmartins Member

Hello:)

Can someone please let me know how can I change the message skin/theme?

I can't find it now, ever since I updated firmware:(

Advertisement
    :
  2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Welcome to the forums!

I'm not sure you can change the skin of the standard app, but have you tried one of the 3rd Party apps like GoSMS or Handcent?
  3. hmartins

hmartins Member

Thank you El Presidente:)

Well I could before the firmware update...there were I believe 6 skins to chose from...now I can't find that option anymore...:(
  4. El Presidente

Ahh, I wasn't aware you could change skins on your phone, that's a nice feature.

Was it an official Samsung update or have you installed a custom ROM?
  5. hmartins

hmartins Member

It's the official firmware update, 2.3.3, which now, either concealed that option very well...or removed it altogether:(
  6. El Presidente

Might have been removed then? Seems strange to remove a feature like that although it could've caused problems with other elements of the 2.3.3 update.
  7. Gearu

Gearu Well-Known Member

2.3.4 took it away I hear.
    I keep 2.3.3
  8. garment69

garment69 Well-Known Member

The new 2.3.3 removed the option to change skins.
    hmartins likes this.
  9. heshanj

heshanj Well-Known Member

yeah, i think one of the KF versions had themes. by KF2 it was removed again. dont know why. and 2.3.4 does not have it (KG2)
    hmartins likes this.
  10. DaveSyd

DaveSyd Well-Known Member

Am I missing something? I have stock standard SGS2 and when I go into the first screen of messaging and hit menu, settings..... I get the first option "Message Skins". When I hit that, I get a selection screen with 5 'tiles' with different styles. I have already changed mine on the 2nd or 3rd day. Would be nice to be able to add some new ones though.

I have Gingerbread.XWKE7 - Are you saying if I update that any higher I loose the ability to change this?
  11. hmartins

hmartins Member

Apparently yes...I have updated the firmware and that option vanished completely...Agree with you, it was a nice feature and it would have been nice to be able to change it and add more skins...:(
  12. heshanj

heshanj Well-Known Member

yeah its annoying. why would they remove a nice feature in an update? :D it happens often. argh
  13. wrt610

wrt610 New Member

Any updates ?
    How to get it back ?
  14. shortieee

shortieee New Member

I have 2.3.3 and i can easily change my msg skin.
    Mine works by going to the settings when on the msgs list and its the first option..
  15. droid137

droid137 New Member

can you change the stock message skin on the samsung galaxy s2 epic 4g touch im on android version 2.3.6 kernal version EL29 i heard you are able to do that on the samung galaxy s2
  16. skimminstones

skimminstones Well-Known Member

not sure, you might want to ask in that phones forum instead