Change Notification buttonsSupport

Last Updated: 2011-09-26 11:08:28
  1. messyhead

messyhead Well-Known Member

Hi folks. I've just upgraded from an HTC Hero running Froyd Villian, to a Galaxy S2.

One of the things that I can't find how to change, is the buttons in the notification bar. There's one for Wifi, but not one for data. I don't have 3G enabled all the time, so is there a way to add that button in place of one of the others?

My Hero had this as part of Froyd Villain.

Advertisement
  2. wookie_666

wookie_666 Member

Press and hold power button select data network. You can turn it off and on there.
  3. messyhead

Which isn't really the same thing. I've currently got a shortcut on the desktop to do that, but I was looking to have a button the same as the others.
  4. wookie_666

wookie_666 Member

With an awesome phone such as the gs2 I wouldn't bother with that. Just search the market.
  5. messyhead

I don't want to install and run an app for something that the OS should be doing.
  6. matttye

matttye Well-Known Member

There's no way to change them but I wish there was. I never turn auto-rotation on/off so I would much prefer an option for 2G/3G there.
  7. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Well-Known Member

I think the only way to do that is to run a custom ROM. Some come with that pre installed others have themes and mods which add it.
  8. messyhead

I thought that would be the case. Seems a bit of a missing feature from the stock android rom. I never use Bluetooth, so it's a wasted button for me.

I'll probably wait till I'm a couple of months into my contract then put on a custom ROM.