1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Change password?Support

1. Sweet Chaos

Sweet Chaos Well-Known Member

I changed my gmail and hotmail passwords recently and cannot figure out how to change it on my phone. After looking through both the email settings and the synced account settings and not being able to find it, I tried to delete my hotmail email so I could re-add it with the correct log-in information. Now it isn't in my synced accounts list, but when I click the "email" app it still shows the account. Regardless, I STILL can't get my emails because the passwords are both still wrong. How do I change it?!

Advertisement
    :
  2. nunyazz

nunyazz Well-Known Member

If you are using the default email program...
    open the program
    [menu button], more, Account settings, Incoming settings, password
  3. Sweet Chaos

I don't see a "more" option when I open the app. If I open the @email app, my menu options are refresh, compose, folders, accounts, account settings, sort. And there's nothing in account or account settings about changing the password.

In the gmail app, my menu options are refresh, compose, accounts, view lables, search, settings. And again, there's nothing in the settings about changing a password.
  4. nunyazz

If you are not using the default email app I'm not sure. But for the gmail account, it looks like you have to delete the account then re-add it to change the password.

Otherwise, in your other email program look for anything in the settings concerning "Incoming Settings"
  5. Sweet Chaos

I am using the default email app, so I dunno why it's not showing me this. I tried deleting my gmail account and it told me I'd have to restore factory settings on the phone to do that. Grrr.
  6. nunyazz

What firmware are you running?

do you not see this when you hit the menu button while in the email app?
    [​IMG]
  7. Sweet Chaos

No. I don't. Firmware? I don't know how to answer that question. I'm not rooted, if that helps at all?
  8. s44

s44 Well-Known Member

Have you done the Froyo OTA update?
    nunyazz likes this.
  9. Gibbyson

Gibbyson Well-Known Member

You just have to delete the account and re-add it.
  10. Sweet Chaos

Wow I must be behind... I didn't even know the Froyo update was out! Haha. I'll go do that, now.

And I tried deleting the accouts. It won't let me. Says I have to restore the phone to factory settings to delete it.
  11. Sweet Chaos

so I tried to upgrade to froyo and after it failed twice I decided to take it into the Verizon store. They tried and it (obviously) failed do they did a factory reset and it failed again so they determined that my phone is defective and are sending me a replacement. I'm hoping getting a new phone will solve some of the other issues I was having, because otherwise I am going to root. Wish me luck!!