• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Change phone identity

ali_guti

Lurker
Oct 23, 2013
Hey all,

I'm trying to use my husband's old HTC Evo 4G as a backup phone. I installed the Talkatone app so I can use it when connected to wifi. It appears as though it can be integrated with the phone's dialer app. I have it so that when I tap the Phone launcher at the bottom of the home screen, it launches Talkatone. I did some googling to see if I can also use the native messager app to send Talkatone SMS. But it seems like the phone identity needs to be changed. Right now when I test-send an SMS using the native messager app, I get an error but the SMS does go through successfully. The recipient, however, does not get it from the Talkatone number. Instead, the sending number is my husband's number that was programmed on the phone. Any thoughts on how I can change this to the talkatone number? Not sure if this is relevant, but the phone is a CDMA phone. So, no SIM. I don't know if it's something sprint would be willing to help me with so thought I'd post on here first. Thanks in advance!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones