Change phone name? Samsung galaxy s2Support

Last Updated:

1. fonduekid

fonduekid Well-Known Member

Hi people,

Is it possible to change / set a new name for the phone / device? And is yes, how can it be done?

Thanks in advance. Cheers...

Advertisement
  2. scotty001

scotty001 Well-Known Member

Im Guessing you mean for Bluetooth connections ?? if so then

Settings > Wireless and Network > Bluetooth Settings > Device Name

If its the name that's displayed in Kies

Connect phone and run Kies in the top left where it has the phone name, click on that and when highlighted manually chnage the name to wha you want it to be
    fonduekid likes this.
  3. fonduekid

Thanks...

Yes, I figured out the 'device name' setting under bluetooth settings and I've done that.. But the Kies I didn't know. Thanks for that.

Also, previously (before ICS update), I had a name for my phone and it used to show up in the android market whenever I wanted to download an app / look for user reviews etc..

But now, it just says GT I9100 as my device.. changing the name in Kies / bluetooth settings will also show up in the android market (currently google play)??
  4. jeremy_inc

jeremy_inc Well-Known Member

Down the bottom of the market click "My orders & Devices" then "Devices" tab.
    Here you can change the name that shows up on the Market installation page
    fonduekid likes this.
  5. fonduekid

Nice.. :) Thanks a lot for that.

Cheers.
  6. graciecakes

graciecakes New Member

Thanks for hints I just uploaded the new softwareon my phone and my car's bluetooth wouldn't recognise the new phone name as it changed from Galaxy to adt and a number. so I wanted to change it. on the s2 you also have to press the bottom left hand button for the device change name to appear after you go into bluetooth. :)
    Hopefully my car will speak to my phone again!
  7. ilordvader

ilordvader Well-Known Member

I changed Device name a in Bluetooth setting Thanks

But how to change Device name that shows up when we make our phone as Hot spot

Please
  8. evohicks

evohicks Well-Known Member

In ICS,
    Settings/More/Tethering and portable hotspot/Configure Wi-Fi Hotspot/Network SSID.
  9. ilordvader

ilordvader Well-Known Member

thanks alot :)
  10. LuckyStar

LuckyStar Active Member

How about changing the WIFI netbios name on the phone?
    I see my phone on a WIFI router devices list such as android-f4a558db590xxxxx
  11. evohicks

evohicks Well-Known Member

This has to be done on the router I think, at least on my Home Hub 3 it did, you can rename it in settings> home network I think.
  12. LuckyStar

LuckyStar Active Member

Do you believe it is a hardcoded value in the phone?