1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Change Phone Number on Rooted device?Support

1. xiansix

xiansix Member

I'm usually on Mobster Rom HD LITE, and now I'm running UNLOCKED POTENTIAL HD.

I am following the steps Virgin Mobile gave me to change my number, Phone icon - enter ##25327# - tap Menu>Reset... okay fine. But then it asks me to enter a password???

I've already changed my number with VM, so I have no data connection on this phone or anything. How do I put my new number on this phone??

Advertisement
    :
  2. Brian706

Brian706 Moderator Moderator

I believe the password is your MSL which you can obtain using MSL Reader.
    xiansix likes this.
  3. Palmetto Fellow

Palmetto Fellow Well-Known Member

Seems odd to me that VM would walk him through the process of changing his phone number, but not give him the MSL.
  4. Brian706

Well you know how customer service is... Most of them don't know anything. They just read through scripts. I could see how something like that could easily get left out...
  5. xiansix

xiansix Member

Thanks for the MSL Reader tip, worked flawlessly. Entered the MSL as my password and it seems that everything should be peachy, however my phone still doesnt have the new number programmed in it. Am I missing something??
  6. xiansix

xiansix Member

Not quite sure what else to do... I followed all the steps VM listed, obtained the MSL code and everything SHOULD be golden. Anyone got any ideas??
  7. Palmetto Fellow

Palmetto Fellow Well-Known Member

Does that automatically reboot when you finish?
  8. xiansix

xiansix Member

It does. It reboots and you'd think it'd be set :/
  9. Brian706

Unfortunately I don't have any ideas... I've not had to do this before. I just saw that you mentioned password and happened to know that the MSL is the password. Anything more than that and you may need to connect with VM again if no one else has any ideas. Maybe ask to be escalated right when you call as you've already done the initial steps with customer service and it still isn't working.
  10. xiansix

xiansix Member

Perhaps flash an actual stock rom and try again??
  11. Brian706

Yeah that might be worth a shot!
  12. xiansix

xiansix Member

If that doesn't work, I might just end up un-rooting my phone. What a pain in the ass this all is.
  13. OverByter

OverByter Resident Slide Rule Guru

Try doing the ##DATA# with the stock dialer and select edit, enter your msl and go into data profile and under user name change it to your new number, commit the changes and then reboot, go back and make sure that the new number stuck.
    OB
    Brian706 likes this.
  14. EazySteve

EazySteve Well-Known Member

On a stock-ish Rom you might have to go to settings, system updates, update profile?
  15. nsciucco

nsciucco Well-Known Member

There is actually a different number you need to program in there as well. I noticed there is two numbers there. It looks just like a phone number. It should have the same area code as your phone number
  16. OverByter

OverByter Resident Slide Rule Guru

The second number is the msid, he should be able to leave that alone. :p
    OB