• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Change Phone Number on Rooted device?

xiansix

Lurker
Jan 15, 2013
I'm usually on Mobster Rom HD LITE, and now I'm running UNLOCKED POTENTIAL HD.

I am following the steps Virgin Mobile gave me to change my number, Phone icon - enter ##25327# - tap Menu>Reset... okay fine. But then it asks me to enter a password???

I've already changed my number with VM, so I have no data connection on this phone or anything. How do I put my new number on this phone??

I'm usually on Mobster Rom HD LITE, and now I'm running UNLOCKED POTENTIAL HD.

I am following the steps Virgin Mobile gave me to change my number, Phone icon - enter ##25327# - tap Menu>Reset... okay fine. But then it asks me to enter a password???

I've already changed my number with VM, so I have no data connection on this phone or anything. How do I put my new number on this phone??

I believe the password is your MSL which you can obtain using MSL Reader.

Reactions: xiansix
Upvote 0
Unfortunately I don't have any ideas... I've not had to do this before. I just saw that you mentioned password and happened to know that the MSL is the password. Anything more than that and you may need to connect with VM again if no one else has any ideas. Maybe ask to be escalated right when you call as you've already done the initial steps with customer service and it still isn't working.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones