• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Change phone off pattern

dpk

Lurker
Nov 19, 2011
Hi All

I have a Sony Ericssion xperia mini phone. When I click on phone shut down button lightly, then screen is off (screen lock) . Initially it something similar to tv off. i.e in certer of the screen become bright light line when i click on shut down button. but now it is not like that. I want to get bright line in the center of the screen when i click on shut down button.
Please any advice.

thank you

Hello there and welcome to the forums.

I think I understand... you want the screen off animation (like when a TV gets turned off). If this is the case, then do the following: menu=>settings=>system settings (or something like that - not sure, as I don't have your device)=>Display - this should then let you choose to have the screen off animation.

If this isn't what you meant, feel free to send me a PM and I'll try to help you out!!

Upvote 0
Hi All

I have a Sony Ericssion xperia mini phone. When I click on phone shut down button lightly, then screen is off (screen lock) . Initially it something similar to tv off. i.e in certer of the screen become bright light line when i click on shut down button. but now it is not like that. I want to get bright line in the center of the screen when i click on shut down button.
Please any advice.

thank you

Unfortunately this was something specific to a particular version of firmware and was removed in later versions. With this being the case I can only assume you have run an update since having this handset and as such this function is no longer supported for this phone. I apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones