Change primary settings on contacts?

Last Updated:

1. trevytrev

trevytrev Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, I did a search but found nothing relevant. How do I change a primary contact detail? For instance, my friend has just left his job and his old work email is set at the primary email on my contacts, so I want to change that to his hotmail email yet when I go to edit, there's no way of removing the old email and setting the hotmail as primary.
    can anyone shed any light? thanks.

Advertisement
  2. biscuitlad

biscuitlad Well-Known Member

Long press on email entry.

3. trevytrev

If i do that nothing happens until I take my finger off then it just asks if i want to send from mail or gmail.

4. trevytrev

Ah just worked it out, I've had to manually add the hotmail as a secondary email address and then can make that the primary. Now all I can't seem to do is delete his old email address, which is pretty annoying.

5. trevytrev

Argghhh! Ok , I give up, i have tried with no luck at all to delete his old email address I don't want any more and I cannot work out how to do it, can anyone offer any advice?

6. kingvortex

kingvortex Well-Known Member

Bring his contact up in the People app, then select edit at the bottom of the screen. There should be an X next to various details in the contact that allows you to remove them.

7. trevytrev

That's the thing I knew to do that but the problem was that the email I wanted to delete wasn't there to delete. I have finally worked it out now, i had him linked to his facebook account and on his facebook his work email was set as a contact so it was adding it automatically to his contact details, so I have just unlinked it for now then will tell him to change his facebook details.

Phew! got there in the end.

8. Tyseyh

Tyseyh Well-Known Member

i dont get why you can sync with facebook but cant remove stuff you dont need.
    half the time i only sync for the pic an thats it.