Change time / date on LG Viper 4G LTESupport

1. toolmania1

toolmania1 Member

I have not been able to change the time or date on the LG Viper. Normally, under Settings -> Date and Time, you can deselect a check box titled "Automatic". Then, you can manually change your date and time. At least this is how it has worked for me on previous Androids. On the LG Viper however, there is no check box for "Automatic". The only check boxes on the Date and Time screen are "Use 24-hour format" and "Select date format".

I also downloaded some Go clock Gadget. This does not allow me to change me date and time either.

To answer possible follow up questions, my date and time are correct. I need to test some things out, so I have to change the date and time in order to run these tests for my company.

Does anyone know how to change the date / time on the LG Viper?

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. rp076

rp076 Member

It should set itself once you have set up & activated...:confused:
  3. toolmania1

toolmania1 Member

Yes, my date and time were correct from purchase. The date and time is still correct right now as I type this. I want to change the date / time to be incorrect, on purpose, to test out something.

Right now, the date / time is 5/7/2012 at 8:19 AM EST. I would like to go into the phone and change it to be 5/8/2012 at 8:19 AM EST. How can I do that?

I'll put the date back when I am done. I just need to test something out and don't want to wait 24 hours to test it out.

Thanks
  4. toolmania1

toolmania1 Member

5. nakmario

nakmario Member

I dont think Sprint phones usually have the option to manually change the times.

I think you're coming from like AT&T or Tmobile - those guys allow for manual changing of the time.
  6. wickidd

wickidd Active Member

I'm sure once someone gets a custom rom going for this, that will be an option, but afaict, it's not available in any way on stock.. I've got this phone rooted and have been looking around in the files - if I find a db hack or xml hack, I'll clue you all in.

Peace,
    ~WickiD~
  7. JaydeEvo

JaydeEvo Well-Known Member

The Viper in fact does not have the option to set the time manually. However, some Sprint phones can. I assume somewhere there is an app for that if you are trying to do so.
  8. wickidd

wickidd Active Member

Like I said before, it could also take a db hack or xml hack. It may even have to be a source-compiled (which I'm currently working on) feature.

An app that can do it isn't a bad idea, though, to make things easier. There's gotta be one out there.

Peace,
    ~WickiD~