1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

Change to Battery Swap Program

1. grayman

grayman Active Member

I stopped in to US Cellular the other day to swap out my battery for a fully charged battery. I will admit that I actively abuse this program, but I think it was great benefit to USC customers. I have used it repeatedly when I forgot to charge my battery before leaving work and knowing that I will not be near a charger for an extended period of time. I honestly think I probably swap batteries at least once a month, if not more often.

Anyway, when I stopped in for my swap, the customer service rep explained that effective May 1st, USC had changed the battery swap program. Swaps are now limited to 4 per handset per year.

I was not pleased with this change. I calmly explained that I feel like this change removes any real benefit from the program because if I am limited in how many times I can swap my battery, I will hesitate to take advantage of it since I might need a battery swap more at a later date. I did acknowledge that I understand that it was not her idea to change the program, but wanted to share my issues with the change.

At this point, she said (and I am assuming it was straight from a talking point supplied by USC) that the purpose of the battery swap program was more about replacing a damaged or poor battery. This actually made me angrier.
    From the USC website "Battery Swap, only from U.S. Cellular

Advertisement
  2. boxer1832

boxer1832 Member

Plan price increases, battery swap program restrictions, failure to actively support/feature certain phones (Desire and Electrify specifically) leads me to think that USCC is falling behind in customer service. If they were to start charging for incoming calls, texts, pictures I would be looking elsewhere.
  3. tritiumman

tritiumman Well-Known Member

This changes the contract/contracts customers signed. USC now has to let you out with no ETF.
  4. grayman

grayman Active Member

I am pretty sure that the battery swap program is an additional feature that is not a part of my contract, so any changes to it would not trigger any termination provision that would allow me to avoid an ETF. Regardless, I am still quite satisfied with my USC experience and don't plan to switch any time soon. I am just frustrated with this change to what I considered an awesome program and extremely disappointed in the BS explanation they are feeding to employees to pass along to customers. I have now passed on at least 3 opportunities to swap out my battery because while I was concerned about my lack of charge, it was never an emergency and I didn't want to use up a swap that I might desperately need at a later date.