• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Changed Devices but Dev/Hack must continue

Hey guys, I'm a iphone junkie turned WinMo developer and headed towards the G1 and myTouch this weekend. Mainly my goal is porting over apps and drivers to WinMo phones. The biggest problem currently with the new WinMo phones being released is the inability to do internet sharing and tethering internet for laptops. My goal is to bring over and adjust all the drivers in need and semi emulate the androids GMS, GPRS networks so I can set up a program to tether the new WinMo phone like what is achieved with the G1

Hey guys, I'm a iphone junkie turned WinMo developer and headed towards the G1 and myTouch this weekend. Mainly my goal is porting over apps and drivers to WinMo phones. The biggest problem currently with the new WinMo phones being released is the inability to do internet sharing and tethering internet for laptops. My goal is to bring over and adjust all the drivers in need and semi emulate the androids GMS, GPRS networks so I can set up a program to tether the new WinMo phone like what is achieved with the G1

Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits!!

Good luck on your efforts with the winMo...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones