• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Changed Gmail addy's, phone won't gtalk or work right

magyver

Lurker
Sep 15, 2010
WI
Ok, just got my Moment. Love it. I have hotmail for my email but that sucks, deleting emails on the phone dosen't delete them from my email account. So that sucks. So, I have gmail at work for gtalk.. thats it, no eamil. It has my first and last name in the addy and I don't want that for my official single email as i'm switching to gmail from hotmail. But after I got my Moment, i set it up for that work gmail addy that I no longer use. Well I got a new gmail that doesn't have my full name in it.. So, that is all great, can view the emails on my phone no problem, but when I go to use Gtalk, it says my old gmail addy, So I go to try delete it, it won't let me, says I have to reset my phone.. also, it won't let me access the app store either.

Do I really have to reset the whole phone and start over with the right gmail addy? When I reset, will I loose my contacts?

Am I making any sense?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones