Changed Google Accounts!

Last Updated:

1. dodgerbluehero

dodgerbluehero Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

ok so when i first set up my hero at bestbuy she had me set up my gmail. Well this being my first time using a touch screen i typed it wrong!:eek: basically i use my name for my email anyways my last name is OROSCO and i accidently typed OROSCP! so my email readed xxxxxxxoroscp@gmail.com. This didnt bother me till i began to use my gmail account as my main email acccount so i decided to change it BUT when i deleted the mispelled account i forgot that my paid apps were linked to that account...:mad: so now i cant update my paid apps cause it does not recognize my gmail account as the one that purchased it....am i screwed or is there anything i can do? Also im afraid when 2.1 comes out i might lose my paid apps and will not be able to get them back! anyone?

Advertisement
  2. oosel

oosel Member

Sorry thought I had a answer but I misread your thread and it wont let me delete my reply.

3. etbrandt

etbrandt Well-Known Member

2.1 won't make your paid apps go away, be assured.

4. dodgerbluehero

how are you sure?

5. etbrandt

etbrandt Well-Known Member

They are tied to the gmail account. You will have to redownload them, but under the download tab in market they will be listed as "Purchased". I bought better keyboard to try it out before we had root access, and it persisted through 1.6, 2.0, and 2.1.

6. dodgerbluehero

no i get that but what im saying is that the original account that i used to purchase the apps has been deleted. So i have a new account now but im worried that ill lose them