• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Changed My build.prop AND MY DEVICE WON'T BOOT!

btw I found on the internet a nandroid backup for my phone so is there any way to recover it ? ?
But remember I don't have CWM
You just answered your own question.

So did iowabowtech - if you can get a custom recovery installed, you can get out of your mess.

The only other thing that might work - and I don't guarantee it - is for someone with your model to attempt to make a signed update zip that your phone will take.

Check out "ZIPme" - it's in beta so don't expect a miracle even if you find someone with your phone -

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=zip.me

Looks like the best efforts on that have been tried and failed already though.

But you're better off seeing if you can find a way to install recovery.

If someone made a nandroid it must exist.

Upvote 0
You just answered your own question.

So did iowabowtech - if you can get a custom recovery installed, you can get out of your mess.

The only other thing that might work - and I don't guarantee it - is for someone with your model to attempt to make a signed update zip that your phone will take.

Check out "ZIPme" - it's in beta so don't expect a miracle even if you find someone with your phone -

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=zip.me

Looks like the best efforts on that have been tried and failed already though.

But you're better off seeing if you can find a way to install recovery.

If someone made a nandroid it must exist.
Yh but I need to know how can I get a custom recovery installed ??

Upvote 0
Ask the guy who made the nandroid how he did it?

Or have you already found the recovery and just need help installing it?
I found the nandroid backup online it's for my device and I just have a normal recovery mode as seen in the pic that I uploaded before and I don't have a custom recovery so I just need to know how to install the CWM on my device while it can't boot or how to replace the edited build.prop with the original one or by how to restore the nandroid backup !
Plz help

Upvote 0
I found the nandroid backup online it's for my device and I just have a normal recovery mode as seen in the pic that I uploaded before and I don't have a custom recovery so I just need to know how to install the CWM on my device while it can't boot or how to replace the edited build.prop with the original one or by how to restore the nandroid backup !
Plz help
What we have here is failure to communicate.

"Found nandroid backup online" - online is a very big place. I don't have any idea where that is to help.

And how do you know that the nandroid backup is for CWM and not another custom recovery?

Custom recoveries are not generic - you need the one for your device and you need to verify that with the creator of the nandroid you found.

Repeating the entire question along with what you think you need instead won't change that.

Not trying to be harsh ok - but if you want the solution, I don't know of a third way.

Sorry but there it is.

Upvote 0
What we have here is failure to communicate.

"Found nandroid backup online" - online is a very big place. I don't have any idea where that is to help.

And how do you know that the nandroid backup is for CWM and not another custom recovery?

Custom recoveries are not generic - you need the one for your device and you need to verify that with the creator of the nandroid you found.

Repeating the entire question along with what you think you need instead won't change that.

Not trying to be harsh ok - but if you want the solution, I don't know of a third way.

Sorry but there it is.
http://forum.china-iphone.ru/mid-gpad-yg-mg701-gpad-g11-edpad-e98-7-t18217-160.html I found it here (translate the page and click on firmware) but I need to know what to do ? on this page u can find recovery/original firmware/nandroid backup all these for my tablet but when you find these what can I do then ? I don't know If it needs CWM or what I just need a way to fix this problem :/

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
http://forum.china-iphone.ru/mid-gpad-yg-mg701-gpad-g11-edpad-e98-7-t18217-160.html I found it here (translate the page and click on firmware) but I need to know what to do ? on this page u can find recovery/original firmware/nandroid backup all these for my tablet but when you find these what can I do then ? I don't know If it needs CWM or what I just need a way to fix this problem :/
I found the recovery you need and followed the link - I got a 404 error - the link was going on 3 years old and is dead now. :(

Did you find it and maybe I didn't follow the right link?

From the naming conventions it looks like it might install using the same method as the update.zip provided earlier - but - from the discussion it appears that it said that the zip contained a flash tool as well as a custom recovery, so you need to unzip it and just put the recovery image on the base of the sd card.

So - could you get that custom recovery to download?

Upvote 0
I found the recovery you need and followed the link - I got a 404 error - the link was going on 3 years old and is dead now. :(

Did you find it and maybe I didn't follow the right link?

From the naming conventions it looks like it might install using the same method as the update.zip provided earlier - but - from the discussion it appears that it said that the zip contained a flash tool as well as a custom recovery, so you need to unzip it and just put the recovery image on the base of the sd card.

So - could you get that custom recovery to download?
2 years ago I downloaded some files from this site maybe I downloaded these files tell me there names

Upvote 0
Wait - the recovery installation steps are in post 10 of http://forum.china-iphone.ru/mid-gpad-yg-mg701-gpad-g11-edpad-e98-7-t18217.html#p521345

Unzip the zip file you have to get the scatter text required for the flash program you got from XDA - place the files in folders as suggested by the post I linked. Follow the instructions for the button presses in the process.

I guess you're going to have to Google for the right drivers - it's confusing if the flash tool needs that or not, so it can't hurt to try once you're set up.

Upvote 0
Wait - the recovery installation steps are in post 10 of http://forum.china-iphone.ru/mid-gpad-yg-mg701-gpad-g11-edpad-e98-7-t18217.html#p521345

Unzip the zip file you have to get the scatter text required for the flash program you got from XDA - place the files in folders as suggested by the post I linked. Follow the instructions for the button presses in the process.

I guess you're going to have to Google for the right drivers - it's confusing if the flash tool needs that or not, so it can't hurt to try once you're set up.
Ok I'm going to try it now ! and can you tell me plz how can I put my device in bootloader ?? or in general which buttons do we press for opening bootloader

Upvote 0
Ok I'm going to try it now ! and can you tell me plz how can I put my device in bootloader ?? or in general which buttons do we press for opening bootloader
You'll just have to muddle through the translated Russian and use the key sequences in the post I mentioned.

In general, it's a combination of power and volume buttons.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones