Changed my mind already..

Last Updated:

1. Haywire

Haywire Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So, I was dead set on the ERIS, I was thinking the sense ui would make it better, I didnt think I'd want the motorola version.. but after reading these forums, I'm now leaning towards the moto offering... But it's pushing me getting droid back two weeks.. Is it going to be worth it?

Advertisement
  2. GrandMasterB

GrandMasterB Go Go Gadget Flow! VIP Member

2 weeks because of the $$$?

3. Haywire

Sadly, yes.. I thought I'd be able to swing it this weekend, but my christmas shopping was a little higher then I thought it would be, with my deposit I have to put down, ( I have THAT at least covered) I just need to come up with the 200 for the phone.. So.. two weeks.

4. DR0ID

DR0ID Well-Known Member

don't get a phone you don't want just because you have to wait a couple weeks

edit: actually, i say buy the eris now...use it for a couple weeks...see if you like it and if not just buy the droid

5. Haywire

No see, I've changed my mind.. I've played with both and wasnt decided.. its just I gotta wait till I can have the cash for it.. I know I'll be happy with the moto.. just dont like waiting lol

6. Barbara

Barbara Well-Known Member

I feel your pain. I can remember the feeling. I thought Nov. 6th would never come! I think it's worth the wait.

7. GrandMasterB

I have no patience either. I know for a fact I would buy the Eris now and swap for the Droid in a couple weeks BUT that will cost you an extra $35 restocking fee. In the end it would be worth waiting for the Droid over the Eris IMO , but they are both awesome phones.

8. GDroid

GDroid Well-Known Member

Patience is a virtue. Good things come to those who wait. Blah Blah! Wait it out bro. 2 weeks isn't bad.

9. Haywire

Yeah. It's just going to suck at work with my razor I have as the back up phone since I sold my iphone.. but I think in the end, I will be glad I waited. I was thinking of doing just that, buying an eris and then swapping.. But, I'm an all in kind of guy.. So I''ll read up on it everyday and learn as much as I can. hopefully ill get some $ for christmas I can
    use towards it

10. jrac

jrac New Member

I was an Eris user. Traded it in for the Droid. Yes, it is worth the wait. The SenseUI, while it has cool features is actually going to limit you in the long run. Would you want your PC OS locked to one theme? That is, in essence, what you are doing with the Eris.

11. superdesi

superdesi Well-Known Member

I think the Droid has already chosen YOU. You have no other option but to wait unless you wish to face.....DIRE consequences!!!

12. droidpcguru

droidpcguru Well-Known Member

Restocking fee?.. bah.. Get it at Walmart Lol.. no restock fee.--IF they have a Droid(they sell fast at $188 and no rebates needed).

13. Haywire

really? 188? huh i didnt know that..

14. Joewoowoo

Joewoowoo Well-Known Member

15. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

I think you can get it for even less through Wirefly.com or a ebay seller. Just read the fine print and choose the plan you need because if you switch to a LOWER plan in the first 3-6 months you get hit with a big fee.

16. Haywire

Nice. I can deal with the plan for the first few months for that kind of discount.. Now I just need to see about ordering it on Friday.. Woot.

17. iPhone2Droid

iPhone2Droid Well-Known Member

Keep us informed! We luvs us some new Droiders!!

18. gonzoguy24

gonzoguy24 Well-Known Member

droid does!! woo!

19. kraze0g

kraze0g Well-Known Member

seems like you weren't completely pleased with the droid at first so you went to the eris, now the eris isn't as you expected either. if your going to wait, why not wait for the next android? so many android phones coming out, including what htc says is a 'very early 2010' release. very early usually means within the first couple months of the year. the next htc is also supposed to add to the 'high end' (aka droid) android phones on verizon very soon which makes sense since the eris is just like the hero. if your going to wait till mid january, why not wait a week or two more and see if something better (*cough* snapdragon 1ghz *cough*) is going to be out by then.

im not saying that either of these phones aren't good, im just saying if you've tried both and returned both, just wait whats right on the horizon :)

20. GrandMasterB

Why stop there? Because when there is always something better on the horizon, ALWAYS. I vote to wait for the Super

21. kraze0g

22. GrandMasterB

I'm sorry, it just had to be said. And in all honesty I would agree with you 100% except for the fact that the OP hasnt had either one YET. Soooo...

(as always, I respect your opinion as well as every other person in the forum, even if I dont always agree :) )

23. kraze0g

ah, my bad. missed that part. sounded like he was going back and forth between the two after using them.

i own the eris now, will definitely be trading it for the droid if i dont hear any news within the next few weeks (need a solid phone for college emailing/internet/watching youtube vids when bored in class). i want something that will last me longer than a phone that is limited hardware wise (eris). that is why im on this forum btw ;p everyone complains that the droid is sooo much bigger/bulkier, but, is it really?

24. GrandMasterB

The overall dimensions are very close but I think the real difference is in the feel is because the Eris is so rounded and soft nesting well in your hand. Where as the Droid is sharp , square and rugged. I prefer the Dorid myself but many others prefer the feel of the Eris.

Sized Up: Droid vs Eris

25. kraze0g

you seem to be very unbiased for owning the droid yourself so i'll ask you this - does the overall feel of the droid feel "cheap"? (i.e. plastic like)? thats one thing my friend returned his because and the other... well... how does it work as a PHONE? he (and others) claim that the droid phone makes your voice sound like your in a "box" (or some kind of weird voice problem when speaking to others)... any word on this?