• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Changed my Outlook password and now I can't access emails on my phone!

I had a notification to change my password in Outlook today (it's set to expire every 72 days). Since changing my password I've been unable to access emails on my S4. Instead I kept getting very annoying notification messages pop up to tell me that I could not be logged in. I then deleted the email address associated with my phone to stop these messages and have been trying to reconfigure the same email address ever since. When I'm prompted to enter my email address and password I get an "Authentication Failed" message. I know that I've entered my password correctly as I've been able to access my emails on my PC with it this evening. Would appreciate some help.
Thanks
Jon

sounds like you locked the account. see if you can log in using the computer while you have the phone with you and see if you can reconfigure your login on the phone using the same login data. If the account gets locked, and it's a free account, it usually lasts on ly for a few minutes and you can log in again, but if the login fails too many times, you might have to get security to unlock your account via a phone call. All depends on your e-mail provider.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones