Changeing Search button browser

Last Updated:

1. Rapo

Rapo Member This Topic's Starter

Hello
    I Just installed the Dolphin browser instead of Steel as I was using before.
    So uninstalled Steel, but have a little problem now.
    When I press the search button on my home screen and search for anything, it opens the default browser and searches, and not Dolphin.
    How do I change this?
    Thought it would ask for which app it needed to execute the order with, as it did at other places it would go online, but not here.
    Has been in the manage applications and delete the default browser to be default, and inside settings in the dolphin browser and the check it to be default, but it does not work: /

Anybody have any suggestions? :)

Advertisement
  2. bluenova

bluenova OK Computer VIP Member

Well I would have said clear the default in the manage applications settings but it sounds like you already tried that.

Can I suggest an even better solution you may not have thought of? Install Aurora. It's a system wide search function. It uses the normal home screen search box but then displays a list of contacts (full search), applications, images, audio and other SDcard files that contain your search string. It also gives you the option to search Google, Apps Market and Amazon. Clicking Google should then use your default browser.

Jaffa likes this.
  3. Jaffa

Jaffa Well-Known Member

+1 Aurora is a great little app!

4. Rapo

Rapo Member This Topic's Starter

Okay just tried Aurora out, and seems like a nice little app :)
    And when i tried to search using the QSB it asked which program i would use as default:
    - Aurora
    - Browser

But dolphin didn't show up, so apparently it doesn't regonize dolphin as a browser?

But however, Aurora almost works great.
    If I click the Google logo next to a search it opens dolphin and start searching, but if i just press the search globe next to the text in the search field, it starts the standard browser ;(
    But well, this is better than before, so thank you :)